Oh my gosh what did I start up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pogWo4life

I didn't meant for my post to start a spiritual discussion (even though I am a Christian). All I wanted was some info on richard's christmas Cd, which now I found out won't be out untill next year. Rats.

Anyway, that is so awesome about Karen accepting Christ before she died.

Just to let you guys know, that Heather Payne who is a member of my favorite group right now "Point of Grace" Lists Kaen as a big influence on her career.

If anyone is interested they just released some worship music they are doing for some girls conferences later this year.

It isn't wrong to want info on your favorite artists...that's what this forum is all about. What seemed to happen was that some people started to put thoughts and ideas into other people's heads and hearts without thinking just how damaging that can be. For example, one person posted a thread that Richard might in time realize that his sister's death was "inconsequential" in light of all the lives of Anorexia Nervosa patients that might be saved as a result of her struggles. Such a statement might not be intended to offend, but it could hardly do anything else. Karen's death will NEVER be anything approaching "inconsequential"...no matter how many people might be helped by her struggles, she will be sorely missed as long as there are people who are acquainted with her, love her and are exposed to her music. Her death will ALWAYS be a tragedy, because the good that has come of it will never erase the fact that she's gone...anyone who's lost a loved one[myself included] knows that the pain never fully goes away. If Richard doesn't have a handle on Karen's death, he's in good company, because I don't have one, either...and it is extremely hard to put things into anyone's idea of a kind of perspective when you see her picture, hear her voice and get asked about her everywhere you turn. It's almost like she ISN'T gone, but we can't touch or see her...and that makes it all the more maddening.
I remember a story about young mother who had recently lost her toddler son; another boy about his age was getting a drink from the water fountain at the church, and he reminded her so much of her son that she began to cry. Another lady, supposedly well-meaning, blurted out, "I'm praying for you, honey...PRAISE THE LORD!" The words stung her like fire...she had the right to grieve, and to do it in her own way. The other woman wanted her to put the past behind her because SHE felt uncomfortable. Seeing someone grieve like that sometimes makes US feel that way...it is probably really only natural...we feel guilty because we're glad it isn't us that has to deal with the loss, we feel insensitive because we're glad we don't have to suffer the loss, and we want the whole mess to be over with so we can forget about the whole thing. But that doesn't solve the problem, does it? The other person, the one who shoulders the bulk of the grief isn't helped that way. What to do...let them have the right to deal with tragedy in their own way and time, and offer all the support you can...don't try to hurry them up or try to make sense of things...some things just ARE...

Above all, don't expect Richard Carpenter to ever get over the death of his sister...it simply isn't fair to either of them. At the same time, let's keep the music alive...that's the best thing we can do for BOTH of them...and ourselves.

Dan, who likes POG, too... :wink:

Could be...I don't know. Sandi Patti, though, could mimic Karen's voice extremely well, and used to sing "Jesus Loves Me" sounding exactly like Karen...maybe Karen had a lot of influence on a lot of girl singers :) .

Dan

SANDY PATTI has a high soprano voice-in contrast to karen's low contralto.There's not much of a correlation there. The only similarity Sandi has to karen is possibly on TOGETHER -the duet album with gospel singer Kathy Trocolli-where she covers alot of jazz standards and sings MUCH lower.Also,why did SANDI PATTI change her name to SANDY PATTY?

mr J. said:
SANDY PATTI has a high soprano voice-in contrast to karen's low contralto.There's not much of a correlation there. The only similarity Sandi has to karen is possibly on TOGETHER -the duet album with gospel singer Kathy Trocolli-where she covers alot of jazz standards and sings MUCH lower.Also,why did SANDI PATTI change her name to SANDY PATTY?

Patty is her family's last name.

There is much confusion on the correct spelling of this Contemporary Christian singer,most of it caused by the artist herself. According to her booking agency,(which should strive for correctness since they make up the checks), she officially goes by Sandi Patty. Also her personal website is SandiPatty.com. One fan source reminds web searchers to use all variations: Sandy Patty,Sandi Patti,Sandi Patty and Sandy Patti. Mac

Kinda makes you wish that POG was around in the eighties, if that were the case, then all of thier albums would have been distributed under A&M as well.

This is a question I asked to one of the members of POG a couple of years ago during an online chat:
20:02] <Moderator> <pogWo4lif> Heather, since you like "Top of the World" so much, how many Carpenters CD's do you own.
[20:02] <HeatherP> My husband is the BIGGEST Karen Carpenter fan ever. We actually own a VIDEO of a lot of their songs. We've probably got 3 of their cd's, but my favorite is the Christmas one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom