🎵 AotW Original Soundtrack - PRETTY IN PINK (SP-5113)

LPJim

Staff member
Original Soundtrack
PRETTY IN PINK
A&M SP-5113

mzi.krvmkiue.200x200-75.jpg

1. "If You Leave" Andy McCluskey, Paul Humphreys, Martin Cooper Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark 4:25
2. "Left of Center" Suzanne Vega/Steve Addabbo Suzanne Vega with Joe Jackson 3:33
3. "Get to Know Ya" Johnson Jesse Johnson 3:34
4. "Do Wot You Do" Andrew Farriss, Michael Hutchence INXS 3:16
5. "Pretty in Pink" John Ashton, Tim Butler, Richard Butler, Vince Ely, Duncan Kilburn, Roger Morris The Psychedelic Furs 4:40
6. "Shellshock" New Order, John Robie New Order 6:04
7. "Round, Round" Neville Keighley Belouis Some 4:07
8. "Wouldn't It Be Good" Nik Kershaw Danny Hutton Hitters 3:44
9. "Bring On the Dancing Horses" Will Sergeant, Ian McCulloch, Les Pattinson, Pete de Freitas Echo & the Bunnymen 3:59
10. "Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want" Johnny Marr, Morrissey The Smiths 1:51

"If You Leave" reached # 4 as a single & "Pretty in Pink" reached # 41

Entered the Billboard Top 200 on March 1, 1986

Charted for 27 weeks and peaked at # 27
Also issued as SP/CD 3901

JB

Last edited:
Definitely one of my favorite soundtracks of all-time - on ANY label. Just the roster of artists alone is astounding - getting New Order and The Smiths and The Psychedelic Furs and OMD all on the same album? That is one seriously amazing feat! - but the quality of the songs is fabulous, too. "If You Leave" was obviously a massive hit - and deservedly so - but even the other songs here are extremely underrated. "Left of Center" has definitely got to be one of my three or five favorite Suzanne Vega songs (the only other ones I might like better are "No Cheap Thrill," "Marlene on the Wall" and "Luka"). "Do Wot Ya Do" has got to be one of INXS's catchiest pre-Kick sides. "Please, Please, Please ..." is first-rate Smiths. The title cut is definitely one of the greatest of all Furs songs (although "Love My Way" is still probably the best); I know the re-recording that's on this album isn't exactly a favorite of most critics, but I think I actually prefer it to the original. I'm probably in the minority on that, though. My only complaint about the album is that it would've been great to have Nik Kershaw's own version of "Wouldn't It Be Good" here; not that the Danny Hutton Hitters' version is bad, but Kershaw's original is still superior.

The re-recording and substitution I'm betting were to get around licensing issues.

Back
Top Bottom