1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.

"Perfect" Song for Karen to Sing

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by Mark-T, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Mark-T

Mark-T Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I just heard- and purchased the song "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran. Just a beautiful song with a lovely lyric. This was the kind of song they should have been recording in the 80s. Reminds me of Van Morrison a bit. Give it a listen.

2. Thanks for the post. I will check that one out. Let me put in my 2 cents...There is a clip on the TV show Make Your Own Kind Of Music (summer 1971) on YouTube that has the duo singing a Medley. It is Richard at the grand piano and Karen standing next to it with a mike. It was obviously a "live" segment. Karen's rendition of "A House Is Not A Home" brought tears to my eyes. Even though Dionne Warwick made it a hit, I would still have loved to have had The Carpenters record it and release it as a single...

song4u and Mark-T like this.
  3. Mark-T

Yes! Me. too.

4. Mark-T

I gotta say I'm loving this Ed Sheeran song. It sort of tells the story of me and my wife all those years ago. So, sweet.

5. BarryT60

BarryT60 Well-Known Member

While reading this post, listening to Stuck On You - Lionel Richie... That's a Carpenters song if I ever heard it.

I can hear the harmonies, Karen's lingering on the last syllables of the last words in the chorus... and that touch of country in the arrangement.

Ahhhhhhhh - - - - so many tunes.....

A&M Retro and song4u like this.
  6. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Active Member

I still think that the "Perfect" song for Karen would've been "I've Had The Time of Of My Life" from 'Dirty Dancing'.

K.C. Jr and A&M Retro like this.
  7. Portlander

Portlander Member

"We're All Alone" previously recorded by Rita Coolidge and Boz Scaggs would have been a perfect song in my opinion. Everytime I hear Rita's version I envision Karen's interpretation of the recording.

Carpe diem, A&M Retro and BarryT60 like this.
  8. newvillefan

newvillefan Well-Known Member

100% agree there, I think they missed a trick not recording that song as a full album track.

A&M Retro and BarryT60 like this.
  9. BarryT60

BarryT60 Well-Known Member

I totally agree... That and Collage's All Time High from the James Bond flick...

A&M Retro likes this.