1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
  2. We have received word that UMe is aware of the problem with the Carpenters vinyl releases, both the box sets and the individual LPs, and has offered a solution. To receive a replacement, send a proof of purchase to [email protected]. UMe prefers email, but those who prefer phone contact may call 1-800-288-5942 to speak to Customer Support.

Pink Ticket to Ride

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by Song4uman, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Song4uman

Song4uman Active Member Thread Starter

i remember when I was around 9-10 (74-75) seeing a pinkish album at the local Gibson’s store. I didn’t have money to purchase it at that time. As I got older I realized that I must have just remembered it wing as there weren’t any releases that looked like that.

Several years ago now, I found it again and purchased. It is basically Ticket to Ride with WOJB as the first track and CTY as the final track.

Distributed by Music For Pleaaure in the UK. MFP 50431
    I must have been a little older when I first saw it because the picture cover photo is probably 77-78.
    Anyone else have this? Does anyone know anything about it? It also has the A&M logo on the front.
    The link is not mine...just found it to show the picture.

The Carpenters . Ticket To Ride . MFP 50431. Sealed LP | eBay

2. CraigGA

CraigGA Well-Known Member

I remember seeing those. It’s a great picture of Karen and I almost bought it for that reason.

3. Music For Pleasure is a budget label in the UK. They often repackaged albums or made new compilations. In this case, they sort of did both.

4. GaryAlan

GaryAlan Well-Known Member

I'm playing this Vinyl LP as I type--first song, Ticket To Ride,
    the version ( from Offering) which seems to provoke cries of being "out-of-tune"....
    Well, I can hear none of that on this particular recording.....sounds great to me.....
    I still wonder if this song has been 'doctored' for this LP ?

Bought this one in the "import section" in a K-Mart in Rockford, Illinois....early 1980's !
    Still plays great......

5. GaryAlan

A few more tidbits about this LP:
    The version of Close To You on Side One, is the Single (not extended) version,
    Side Two opens with the Close To You/We've Only Just Begun intro
    that you hear on The Singles 1969-1973 Album opening.....

6. GaryAlan

^^Oops...got my "Sides" reversed ! Old Age .....

7. Sue

Sue Member

uk
    Ive got this one I found it in a UK charity shop for £1 a few months ago. I haven't had a vinyl player so haven't heard it yet. Having ordered the box set I'm hoping for a good deal on a vinyl player on Black Friday!

8. Mike Blakesley

Mike Blakesley Well-Known Member Moderator

I'm surprised nobody has pointed out that this is just the original Ticket/Offering album with "Invocation" and "Benediction" removed, and the two big hits in their places. (Although I guess Harry did, when he posted the pic of the back cover with track listing.)

It's nice in the sense that it would add about 5 minutes to the play-time of the album. But "their very best" as the liner notes claim? Uh, not exactly, no....

Jamesj75 likes this.
  9. I bought this in 1983. I found it at our local, Hart's Department Store, it was after Karen passed. They had 2 of the at $2.99 each, so I purchased them both. I kept one sealed and played one. I later gave the open one to a fellow Carpenters fan who didn't have a copy. I used to have multiples of each LP except "Offering" and I gave them to fellow Carpenters fans (I gave my cassettes to a lady who entertained elderly folks at a local nursing home. She said the residents loved the music)

10. Same here. Bought it around the same time, but in cassette form. Played the heck out of it. I have no idea where it is today.