Preorder: Bebel Gilberto, "Tudo"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
Just announced a few days ago, Bebel Gilberto's new album, Tudo, is recorded, and will be released August 19th on Sony Masterworks.

http://www.amazon.com/Tudo-Bebel-Gilberto/dp/B00K6J7KSA/

This album returns her to the producer of her first album, Tanto Tempo: Mario Caldato, Jr. I am hoping that it is more along the lines of her earlier albums. All For You was good, but it lacked that uniqueness that I felt while listening to her other albums.

Amazon's blurb:

World renowned multi-Grammy®-nominated singer/songwriter Bebel Gilberto releases her first studio album in five years, "Tudo." Gilberto, daughter of bossa nova immortal Joao Gilberto, is one of the most internationally famous and beloved of Brazilian musicians. "Tudo," which means "everything" in English, showcases Bebel's ethereal vocals and wistful, dreamy songwriting in each of the CD s 12 tracks. Bebel reunites with Mario Caldato Jr. who produced her first landmark album, "Tanto Tempo." With Bebel singing in French, English and Portuguese, "Tudo" is a shimmering, sweet summery collection that includes original songs along with songs by her father, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Neil Young and John Michel-Jarré as well as soulful duet with Seu Jorge. The gorgeous melodies are shaped by touches of electronica and Bebel s intimate vocals hint at a fantastical Rio de Janeiro, a style that has earned her a devoted fanbase worldwide.

81uKp3x8I3L._SL1500_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom