Public Broadcasting Exclusive: Carpenters The Complete Singles Release

This project is custom licensed by TJL's "My Music Presents" series. We regularly license content from all the major labels for our custom cd projects - from Doo Wop to Folk, Classic Soul to Classical Music, Motown to Big Band music. The reason this project is happening now is to help raise funds for public tv stations. Our only retail channel and our own label, www.treasurycollection.com licensed the package We're only licensed to distribute in the USA , we only produce physical products - - as we produce fundraising programs that only air on public tv. This has long been a passion project for myself and our series producer, Jim Pierson who spearheaded putting this all together and worked/works very closely with Richard to make this dream a reality for all of us -- fans of the music. That being said, to set expectations, we have no worldwide distribution of our content - - they are specially made for public tv stations at pledge time. This Carpenters cd set and dvd set is a very limited run for PTV stations only - - all in support of local public tv stations airing the program. So please keep in mind - - this project was made by public tv producers, as a thank you gift for contributors to local public television stations supporters that contribute in support of the program and local stations in partnership with Universal Music.

3 Cheers for PBS for making this happen!!!

....limited run...this will be a much sought after set just like many of the other limited runs in the past, however this one is very unique in that this type packaging of the U.S. Singles Collection has not been released before and some U.S. mono versions as well...we have actually been talking for many years whether the U.S. will ever see a Singles Collection set like Japan did years ago and now it's come true.

And for those concerned over the price, don't forget that a portion of it is tax deductible. I don't believe anyone has mentioned that yet.

3 Cheers for PBS for making this happen!!!

....limited run...this will be a much sought after set just like many of the other limited runs in the past, however this one is very unique in that this type packaging of the U.S. Singles Collection has not been released before and some U.S. mono versions as well...we have actually been talking for many years whether the U.S. will ever see a Singles Collection set like Japan did years ago and now it's come true.

And remember, Richard is a BIG fan of PBS and its affiliates so it doesn't surprise me that this is how he's chosen to release something. This is really great for fans and I'm happy that he's leaving a little room for further releases - even if it's a repackaging of something - these haven't been released in the States so this is great news!

So an early program of this is suppose to air on pbs tonight, Thursday? Is that what I read here? If so, I hope someone that gets to see it tonight will report back with any additional details.

Hi all, I just discovered the site tonight - thanks for letting me share in the memories. One quick question I can answer is that the public tv version of the DVD will have full extended performances of several of their hits as a bonus feature. In addition to the original extras, the additional footage includes the full extended versions of six of the songs that we're only seen as clips in the original release. Also, as I understand it "Santa Claus" is from a a new tape transfer on the new singles set, not a disc-dub. Shipping will likely be 4-6 weeks from order as we're still in the final mastering stage.

This has been a special project near and dear to us all at TJL, for myself and my team led by Jim Pierson we have long dreamed of making happen. We're so grateful to be part of it and for your kind support.... and thanks for your support of public broadcasting in San Francisco. Supporting the station making this effort possible is how special projects like this are able to manifest.

Hope this helps - thank you again for your enthusiasm.
(TJ Lubinsky) executive producer/MY MUSIC series as seen on public television

Thanks so much for posting more details about this set as I am really looking forward to it. Do you have any details on the packaging of the CD set (jewel case/Digi pack etc)?

Scott B

I'm pretty sure that the PBS program will air in almost every market that carries the MY MUSIC series. You've seen these - they typically run on Saturday nights in prime time featuring some segment of older music. There was the recent Bacharach special, they do doo-wop shows, old sixties-style groups, etc. But from what we've learned, KQED is leading the way on this with a very early showing this week. Most other affiliates will air it in December - that's why the Christmas album tie-in.

The producers have let us know of the upcoming KQED showing so that we can get in early and get the stuff before all of the other markets.

Harry

I missed the recent Bacharach one. Were there any new goodies to buy with a pledge?

Thanks

Scott

Thank you TJL! I am so grateful as a lifelong fan for this 'surprise' and most welcomed addition to my Carpenters/Karen Carpenter Collection!

Hmm, well I ordered the CD / CD package from the link provided here and although the website took my credit card info, I have yet to get a confirmation email -- 3 days later. So I wrote them a "regular" email yesterday inquiring and haven't gotten an answer to that, other than the automated response saying someone would get back to me soon.

Has anyone else ordered it and have you gotten a response? (Maybe the station is so deluged with orders that they are having trouble keeping up!)

I got an email response right away, but it contained an apologetic "Sorry if we are having difficulties with a new system" kind of message. But I printed it out anyway. I too had ordered the $120 CD/CD package initially, when I thought I already had the DVD. Later we learned that the DVD is upgraded from the prior one, so I undertook a mission.

I contacted them via their KQED email address, asking if I could upgrade to the DVD/CD/CD package for $180 instead of my CD/CD for $120. I got an immediate reply about "thanks for the email, we'll get back to you." About a day later, I got a real email from someone confused about any premiums related to "Carpenters". They had no records of anything like that, and asked if I'd placed my order through KQED. THAT made me a bit uncomfortable, so I replied with the exact text of my email confirmation. That was late yesterday and I haven't heard anything back at this time.

If I were the suspicious type, I'd think we were scammed or something. But I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they are indeed inundated - that this situation is out of the ordinary - and that it will all work out. Aren't I an optimist?

Harry

I got an email response right away, but it contained an apologetic "Sorry if we are having difficulties with a new system" kind of message. But I printed it out anyway. I too had ordered the $120 CD/CD package initially, when I thought I already had the DVD. Later we learned that the DVD is upgraded from the prior one, so I undertook a mission.

I contacted them via their KQED email address, asking if I could upgrade to the DVD/CD/CD package for $180 instead of my CD/CD for $120. I got an immediate reply about "thanks for the email, we'll get back to you." About a day later, I got a real email from someone confused about any premiums related to "Carpenters". They had no records of anything like that, and asked if I'd placed my order through KQED. THAT made me a bit uncomfortable, so I replied with the exact text of my email confirmation. That was late yesterday and I haven't heard anything back at this time.

If I were the suspicious type, I'd think we were scammed or something. But I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they are indeed inundated - that this situation is out of the ordinary - and that it will all work out. Aren't I an optimist?

Harry
Well, the first part, I suppose, can be ironed out if KQED airs it tonight. Then we are on the right track. We will see soon. The rest will fall into place after that. Well, I always try to live in hope. And KQED IS usually pretty great.

OK, KQED has multiple showings today and tomorrow. Probably with breaks. Checked the website.

Pretty sure it's legit.

Oh I'm sure it's legit. There have been too many confirmations from folks involved, TJL and Joe Marchese and Jim Pierson through our Steve S.

I just think that whoever contacted me is not quite on the ball or never heard of Carpenters or something like that.

Harry

I ordered (2) full sets a few days ago and they still haven't charged my card.

I'm not sure they would charge your card though until they have shipped the product at least that is what I would think....I have not checked yet to see if I've been billed but after I ordered the full set, I got an email within 5 mins from KQED which details what I ordered the DVD and 4 CD set and my personal info about billing and shipping. It said to allow 4-6 weeks for delivery and was signed by the Executive Director, Membership. So I'm sure this is all legit but like Harry said he probably spoke to someone who didn't have all the right info about this just yet.

I have attempted to go up to the $180 level, but have not gotten through to anyone who knows anything.

I am awaiting further contact. But yes, the first charge has already posted.

How odd, just checked again and it still has not billed my cc. Not sure if I should worry or give it more time.

Did anyone see the sneak peak pbs airing in CA last night?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom