Re - issue calendar ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonely bull

What order will the re - issue CD's be released, does anyone know ? From what I have read " What now my love " will be next ( is that in February ? ). Many Thanks

Dave......

There will be about 25 albums coming in the next release, which may be February/March. :wink:

NOTE: RELEASES MOVED OUT TO MID-APRIL 2016.

Last edited:
and will they all be in stores or just on line. I bought summertime from itunes, and on martha my dear to me Herb's trumpet has more of a bit to it and a lot cleaner, so I hope all of the releases all sound like it.

bob

They are already coming online at various sources. Amazon and iTunes (among others) have all the TJB albums and some of Herb's solo albums. HDTracks has five Herb albums right now with more coming. They will be in stores too. Yes, from what we've been told, the whole physical batch (aside from Whipped Cream and Christmas Album, which are already out) will come out at around the same time, but they are having some problems getting vinyl pressed -- so look for CDs to arrive first.

Wow! Those HD Tracks albums are pricey ! £11 for Sounds like? And the other four are £14! The real CD's would be cheaper than that !

Keep in mind that HDTracks is higher resolution, the same that Randy used in the studio when remastering these. Anything lower, including CD, is compromised (CD is downsampled, all other downloads like MP3 and AAC use lossy compression, essentially throwing away part of the sound to reduce file size). Many of us will gladly pay extra to have that the best sounding digital copies. I have already said HDTracks is a bargain compared to seeing these released on SACDs, which are a mininum $25 US these days. (I'll be the first to admit, also, that pricing in the UK tends to be on the high side for some titles, regardless of source!)

We have ongoing threads re: streaming, downloads, etc., so if anyone seeks further information on those formats, please check those threads.

When the official CDs are released, we will have them all listed here, with links, on release day. :goodie:

Best place to check will be our tijuanabrass.com site, which is the first place I post anything Herb-related.

Latest word just in from Captain Badazz, is that the release date for Herb's re-issues will be about mid-April. This is so that the CDs and Vinyl can be released together. The vinyl requires about 5 months lead time to get pressed.

Bring it on ! I can't wait to actually hold copies of TBAC, Warm and Vol 2 in my hand :goodie: Personally I'm not interested in downloads.
I second that opinion my friend. My goal is to have all the albums on CD ( So far im most of the way there ) so far i have all the shout factory reissues and all the original CDs from " Keep your Eye on me" to the recent " Come Fly with me" and i have all the remaining albums on vinyl ( including mono versions from" Lonely bull"to "Beat of the brass".) Im very happy to see these rare gems ( as well as old favorites) finally coming to CD. its been a Long Time Coming.

Me too, I have all the TJB albums on vinyl plus all the Shout factory CD's and also a few CD issues from the late 80's and early 90's, including Whipped Cream, Going Places and The Christmas album. My prized posession is Volume 2 on CD which I paid quite a lot for many years ago ! I'm not really too bothered about Herb's solo albums. Merry Christmas.

I haven't heard the discussion regarding what the factors are for deciding how each title will appear in which of the various formats.

Disclaimer: I had 78s in my early life, but I am definitely not from the 78RPM generation. :D

I did grow up around them. My grandmother was a big music listener, and prior to LPs, her classical recordings were on 12-inch 78s, in those bound "albums." She must have had several hundred of them. And, what a pain to have to play a symphony four or five minutes at a time. Thankfully she lived long enough to hear CDs. (Her favorite was a Telarc recording of Rhapsody in Blue, performed very close to Gershwin's own version, likely her favorite work of all time.) My dad also hung onto his old 78s, and every so often, some ancient relative would clean out their house and hand me down a couple of 78s.

I just find it interesting that for whatever reason, many are gravitating back towards vinyl. Not all titles will sell that great on vinyl (which is why I can't see the lesser-known TJB albums like Summertime to see a vinyl release), but if someone recognizes an album they used to own and are longing to hear it, you can bet they will consider buying a copy. Herb and the crew really tore up the charts in the 60s, setting a record or two along the way, so any of those prime years are ones I expect I would see on vinyl, along with a few fan favorites like Fandango and Rise.

Once I hear something from the source, I'll update the thread. :)

I can only guess they might all come out on cd ( at least i hope so for the sake of 9 of the ones i saw online that i dont yet have on CD) that would really make a big dent in the missing portion my library and if it turns out to be the case. That will leave only 6 more remaining ( JYAM. the first Herb &Hugh. BYOH and noche de amor. Bullish and Wild Romance. Other than that i have all the original cds from 1987 To the present and all the shout factory reissues ( as i mentioned in a previous post please pardon the redundancy if you will?

It would be interesting to see, if it were ever reissued, if Blow Your Own Horn and Noche were combined on one disc. Aside from two (?) tracks and different sequencing, they are the same album. I actually prefer the Noche configuration, with the remaining tracks as bonus tracks.

I never warmed to Wild Romance, but others are fond of it.

I hope Iam posting this in the right thread. does Itune has have I rez hd tracks because that is the only I have and have cards for with no charge cards and if they do what settings to I set them as so I can get the hi rez audio?

bob

thanks captain so is that the same or almost close, see I went out and bought a hi rez hdmi for hi rez to hook up to back of my blu ray player which my yamaha rx 677 supports the sound. did I waste my money or not?

bob

A quick explanation - listening to downloaded HD audio tracks does not require a Blu-Ray player, so you should return the cable you bought. You can listen on your computer, but to hear the highest quality sound, you should connect the computer to your stereo receiver. Rudy will be posting a more detailed explanation shortly.

I have all my audio devices ( Everything laptop computer and tablet audio. cds and dvd audio devices etc.) connected to my stereo system and i can tell by listening to things like youtube or amazon samples etc. On how the sound quality is. to me its the only accurate way to discern what formats i prefer to choose for my various media collections.

thanks Steve for the answer. I do have it hooked up to my stereo system I like the sound better than the computer. my computer is only 2.0 where my stereo system is 5.1 so that is why I bought the hi rez cable.

bob

thanks Steve for the answer. I do have it hooked up to my stereo system I like the sound better than the computer. my computer is only 2.0 where my stereo system is 5.1 so that is why I bought the hi rez cable.

bob

Yes Bob, but the downloadable files are still ONLY stereo, NOT surround! More than likely, anything would sound better through your hi-fi and its large speakers rather than through average or low end computer speakers. An HDMI cable from your Blu-Ray to your receiver will not play your downloaded HD files!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom