Re-Issue of Julius Wechter's "New Deal" CD!

Would you buy a re-issued "New Deal" CD?

• Yes

Votes: 32 97.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't the producer Bruce Kimmel an actor at one time? I thought I saw his name as a guest star on THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY and some other 1970s shows.

As I mentioned previously, I would suspect Triste and Fresh Air, which were on a demo tape for Baja '88. David Wechter told me that he found tapes that could be included. One of the tracks is Daily Double, which was used as the theme for Santa Anita Racetrack. There could be as many as 5 bonus tracks included with the re-titled and re-packaged New Deal.

Patiently waiting for March 31st to get here to see if the reissue will be available in March! :D

There's really no reason to wait here for an announcement. Bruce gladly keeps everyone apprised of Kritzerland's releases and lets people order weeks ahead of street date via his PayPal account. His website is:

www.haineshisway.com (click through to the Forum)

Kritzerland is on a pretty regular monthly releasing schedule now, and Bruce has just announced his next several projects.

Well, I guess maybe it's time for the horse's mouth to post here:

Sorry that the reissue is taking longer than anticipated - as JMK points out, we had a whole slew of soundtrack and show titles come up that have been really good sellers for us, which is, frankly, what we needed. Also, it took a while to find the bonus material, and it's tricky to transfer stuff that wasn't necessarily stored well or recorded on the best tape stock. As mentioned above, if I'm going to take the trouble of doing this, I'm going to do it right. Yes, it will have a new title, and, best of all, a professional-looking package - Bay Cities did terrible packaging - it's embarrassing to look at it now. If you want to see the kinds of things we do, just visit www.kritzerland.com. When we make the official announcement you'll all know - and it will be "live" on the Kritzerland site.

bk

Bruce - welcome to the A&M Corner. It is great that this little discussion has led to you posting here -- I hope it won't be your last post.

The haineshisway.com site is obviously not meant to be a sales/promotional site, but thanks for posting the link to the Kritzerland site. (I haven't looked at that yet but plan to!)

P.S. By the way, I'm in full agreement that the Bay Cities "New Deal" packaging was awful!

I had a recent e-mail exchange with Bruce, who indicated the release is on the horizon, but with no firm date.

Always wished Collector's Choice would reissue 2-for-one BMB packages, as they have for We Five, Sandpipers and Jimmie Rodgers.

JB

Maybe we should start asking Gordon Anderson @ Collector's Choice. He asks for customers to send recommendations directly to him.

I helped him with 1st Baja compilation CD and have been in touch since, but apparently Uni is difficult to deal with. Also, we don't know if BAJA masters and others even survived the vault fire last year. :sad:

Don't say that. That would be a tragedy. Even though the chances seem slim, I'll always have hope of seeing Baja albums on cd.

Seems weird that Uni would be so difficult to deal with. It's not like somebody's angling to do a Janet Jackson compilation...it's the Baja Marimba Band, not some billion dollar thing. You'd think they'd be glad to get a little action out of the catalog. But who knows about corporate America.

Steve Sidoruk said:
I had a recent e-mail exchange with Bruce, who indicated the release is on the horizon, but with no firm date.

Just wondering if this CD will happen in my lifetime :confused:

I know from experience that once a limited-edition album appears and sells out, it's hard as the devil to find a copy a few years later. I will probably buy five copies of this reissue when it appears. One to listen to, one to keep back, and three for stocking stuffers.

=Mike A.

Bruce left for NYC this morning to do PR on his memoirs. I saw him in LA a couple of weeks ago and we discussed the Wechter CD. It will happen, probably just not very quickly. He's knee deep in soundtrack and cast album reissues and as sad as it probably is to realize, the Wechter reissue will most likely not be a huge seller. For anyone interested, I have Bruce coming to Portland on November 13 for a fun and interesting Q&A session as part of a performing arts series I host and program (the same one I had Dave Frishberg perform at last year). You can get tickets at: www.cumcpdx.org.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom