Richard on BBC Radio 2 (on demand) UK until next Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

SakuraSYayoi

Hi, I'm new here. I wish I had watched Living Famously on BBC TWO.
But I'm very glad we can listen to Richard on BBC Radio 2 UK (Internet Radio).
Thank Richard for an appearance that we can listen to from all over the
world.
I heard the name of Richard Carpenter that Mr.Richard Niles said on radio 2 last month, and again last week. Richard Carpenter talked about the
arrangements this week. He sang and played the piano a little, too. (History of Pop Arranging)
I was lucky to watch Richard on NHK and TV-TOKYO programs in Japan last year. Since I don't know if we could the link on this board and the way of, I would like to talk about the link next message. (If we couldn't make the link, I don't care if my next message will be deleted.)

This was Really Enjoyable ....Richard at the Piano , Explaining and Playing Carpenters Classics Arrangements :)

Fascinating to Listen to Richard Discuss WOJB , CTY , RDAM , Superstar & GTL Songs , original Demos , Changes Richard and Karen made to these Great Songs and Over Dubbing Work :)

Richard was Featured for 20 Minutes on a 30 Minute BBC Radio Special. There were Brief Mentions / Interviews with Barry Manilow ( Re : Mandy and Bette Midler Tracks) , Jimmie Haskell (Simon & Garfunkel ) and Bee Gee's Jive Talking...... All Interesting Material :)

Wonder How Much Interview material is Still Unused ?

I Recorded Richard and Already Some UK Fans want Copies after Hearing Rest of Us Raving About this Programme....... :D

Peter....Replaying Those Arrangements......

PJ,

I would love to get a copy from you of this show. I absolutely eat up this sort of stuff when Richard dissects and explains things.

Please let me know how I can get a copy from you. Obviously I will be more than happy to reimburse you for all costs involved.

Thanks

Scott

Thanks Peter and Scott for your messages.
Thank all of you for reading my messages.

Peter,

Mr. Richard Niles said "famous artists like Richard Carpetner and Barry Manilow"
and Barry talked about arrangements last month. So I hope that the unused material of the interview with Richard wiil be broadcast in the near future.

SakuraSYayoi

Scott b,

Will try to Record several copies of Richard Interview , no costs -perhaps we can trade some Carpenters items ?

Please send a Private Message if interested.

However : I am Flying to CPAC TOTW Fundraiser 1/3 .....so will
be 2 weeks before I can do anything !

Regards,

Peter

Hi, SakuraSYayoi

I just wanted to say thank you so much for that link you provided, I listened to this a few days after you posted it & LOVED it.

Like Scott posted, I too eat this stuff up, It is so neat to hear Richard talk about these songs & add little tidbits of info maybe we had not known before.

One thing that Richard added that I said cool was...When he was talking about We've Only Just Begun, Some artist have covered this & always take that breath of air after...We've only just begun...(breath)..to live....

Karen at 20 yrs old with her excellent breathing control sings it straight through in one breath. This so much adds to the song.

Thanks again for the heads up on this link, what a cool find. :cool:

Hi Chris
Thank you for your message. I'm glad that you enjoyed the program.

Richard on BBC Radio 2 (Internet Radio) AGAIN this week

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio2_aod.shtml?profile

Richard appears in last one minute.
So you can skip to the last part.

Chris, I read your profile.
I like Olivia Newton-John, too. She was Karen's best friend.
And she appeared at the first television show of the Carpneters.
Karen appeared at Olivia's Hollywood Night.
It was said that Olivia sang "Close To You"
dedicating to Karen in her live performance.
Olivia wiil come to Japan next month.
I will go to her concert.

SakuraSYayoi

SakuraSYayoi,

Excellent, thanks I'm gonna take a listen to that also, do u know at what point he comes in? It is about 18 min program, you can skip every 5min, just wondering if you knew about what time Richard's part came in.

Yes I heard ONJ was touring to Japan, it will be a great concert, Private Message me & let me know how the show goes next month, I would be very interested to hear from you how the concert goes. I've seen Olivia 2 times live. Wish I could have at least seen the Carpenters once but I never did.

Yes I have seen that Carpenters show, that is the one where Olivia is with Richard at the racing car pit. LOL Yes I've seen the Hollywood Nights too, In fact along time ago, I provided the clip to Ran of this showing Karen Carpenter singing on this show...One of few rare clips of her & Olivia.

Thanks again for the extra link. :)

Chris,

9:27:09 Ticket To Ride begins.
9:27:25 Richard comes in.

He talks about only one minute.
But I still hope that the unused material of the interview with Richard
wiil be broadcast in the near future.

I'm sorry that I couldn't express when Richard appears in my poor English.

Thank you Chris for Karen's picture with Olivia.
I have not seen this picture.
Do you know when the picture was taken?

Thanks for providing Hollywood Nights clip to Ran.
Olivia's Hollywood Nights was aired.
But I think that the clip with Karen was not aired here in Japan
and I didn't have a video recorder at that time.
I recorded the program to a cassette tape.
(I wonder when the televison show was broadcast.)
So I was very happy when I watched the clip at Ran's RoadOde.
Thanks again.

I wish that I could see the Carpenters' video clips again.
Will anyone open the homepage with the video clips of the Carpenters?

SakuraSYayoi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom