September 2017 rememberances

The Walter Becker thing is not too much of a shocker--he had been ill, missing the two most recent Steely Dan gigs. Donald Fagen had commented at both shows that Walter was recovering from a "procedure." Yet 67 is young. The question is whether or not Steely Dan will continue. My guess is that it will, in some shape or form.

Becker had a small role in Rosie Vela's Zazu album, and produced one of the China Crisis A&M albums, Diary of a Hollow Horse. (He had previously produced Flaunt The Imperfection.) One of my favorites was his production work on three tracks from Blue Pacific by Michael Franks.

Country singer Don Williams ("I Believe In You" & "Tulsa Time") has died after an illness at 78 years old. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Country singer Troy Gentry (Montgomery Gentry) has died in a plane crash at 50 years old. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Producer for NBC Sports & ABC Sports, Don Olymeyer has died at 72 years old. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

I'm amazed that Walter Becker wasn't in the news more. Steely Dan *did* create many enduring classic rock hits that are still played to this day...pretty impressive list, for sure. He wasn't a household name, but then neither was Glenn Frey and look at all the death press he got.

The question is whether or not Steely Dan will continue. My guess is that it will, in some shape or form.

It should, considering Donald Fagen is the lead singer...he could do a Walter tribute in each show.

^^^ Bad week for great character actors^^^

Harry will always be remembered by me for "Repo Man" schooling a young apprentice (Emilio Esteves):

Back
Top Bottom