Sergio Concert Dates!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Sidoruk

Founder, A&M Fan Net
Staff member
For those of you on or near the left coast, Sergio has two upcoming concert dates:

09/23 San Diego-Humphrey's By The Bay
10/08 Fresno-Tower Theatre

Hello there. Does anyone know if Sergio will ever be playing shows in the midwest or eastern regions of the US? Cincinnati would be SOOOO convenient! Thanks. Heather

Fresno? That's a full two hour drive from here!! Drat the luck! Oh well, I've driven further to see Sergio a time or two. Let's see...there was the drive from Orlando to Atlanta to see Brasil '99 in Chastain Park. A year later there was a three hour drive from my home in San Jose to Sacramento to see the premier of Brasil 2000 at the Radisson. Being a flight attendant, I've flown to Los Angeles, Anaheim, San Diego, Utah, Portland, New York and other cities to see Mr. Mendes.

Makes me wonder why I'm so miffed about having to drive two hours to Fresno! Oh well, maybe he'll book something in the Bay Area by then...sure hope so! :tongue:

Jon

You're always welcome to crash at my place if you come to the Humphrey's show in San Diego...

--Mr Bill

Sergio's San Diego date is coming pretty fast. I wonder if there is an LA show???, but I would make a trek to San Diego to catch him- been too long since I've seen him live.

Party at Mr Bill's! :D

CA isn't in the cards for me this year. I'll be lucky to take a day off to go anywhere this year.

Sergio played in Agoura, CA a few years ago- I can't beleive I missed that show- but never heard anything about how it was. Anybody here attend it?

Thu 09/23/04 San Diego, CA - Humphrey's By The Bay

Sat 10/09/04 Fresno, CA - Tower Theatre - according to Pollstar, this date has changed from 10/8.

Thanks for the update, Steve!

Anyone wanting to crash at my place for the San Deigo show is welcome. Let me know in PM or email. Nothing like an A&M Corner get-together tied to a performance (last one I know of was the Julius tribute).

--Mr Bill

I was planning to go to Fresno. It's a good thing I checked Bimbo's -- they have him scheduled on Oct 10 Sunday. He loves san Francisco and it shows... see you there. :) :)

Sergio made a fool of me!!

Yesterday, I mentioned I'd have to settle for the Fresno show, as (I had thought) he had nothing planned for the Bay Area (short of the Napa show in '05). What a pleasant surprise this is!!! Thanks for the info, Darius!!!! :D

Jon

saw new ad: Sergio plays in Carmel California on Friday Oct. 8 at the Carmel Sunset Center. Dig that!

I was wondering what Sergio Mendez is presenting, and the instrumentation or vocalists that will be appearing with him. Can anyone help me with this as i am in Mexico presently but am planning to attend concert depending on above mentioned details. Thank you!

When he performed in Tokyo, last month, these were the performers.

Sergio Mendes (vocal, keyboard), Bill Brendle (keyboard), Kleber Jorge (guitar), Leonardo Nobre (bass), Kevin Winard (drums), Meia Noite (percussion).

Gracinha Leporace (vocals), Jessica Taylor (vocals), Dawn Bishop (vocals).

Fresno? That's a full two hour drive from here!! Drat the luck!

Geez, I've pretty much driven at least that much to see every concert I've ever seen. Matter of fact, I flew 1800 miles to see Phil Collins and 950 miles to see Alan Parsons.

When you live in Montana you have to improvise to be entertained!

Sergio Mendes is probably my only favorite performer that I've pretty much given up on ever seeing "live" due to the distance to wherever he's performing and the short notice that's sometimes given. Oh well.

(I have always thought he'd find it quite amusing if some dude from eastern Montana showed up in the meet'n'greet!)

Just had back surgery, Mike. Otherwise, I'd be on the road to Fresno in a heartbeat. Heck...back in '99, we drove from Orlando to Atlanta to see Sergio & Brasil '99 with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra at Chastain Park. Talk about a drive...a full day's worth!!

I do hope you get to see Sergio onstage one of these days. He's a sensational performer all the way around.

Jon

Alas, I will not be able to attend tomorrow's show here in San Diego -- a combination of budget issues and Navy duties have interfered...

--Mr Bill
in a severe state of disappointment

Jon - I know you are still recuperating, I thought you meant you don't EVER like driving over 2 hours to a concert. :D

Mr Bill said:
Alas, I will not be able to attend tomorrow's show here in San Diego -- a combination of budget issues and Navy duties have interfered...

--Mr Bill
in a severe state of disappointment
Sorry to hear you're not going Bill, but since I was not going to make this one, now I don't feel I'll miss as much!

.......realizing Mr. Bill is a celeb in his own right!

brasil_nut said:
Just had back surgery, Mike. Otherwise, I'd be on the road to Fresno in a heartbeat. Heck...back in '99, we drove from Orlando to Atlanta to see Sergio & Brasil '99 with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra at Chastain Park. Talk about a drive...a full day's worth!!

I do hope you get to see Sergio onstage one of these days. He's a sensational performer all the way around.

Jon

Jon,
I sure hope you are feeling better- health comes first, Take care!

Chatsworth Steve said:
...realizing Mr. Bill is a celeb in his own right!

Um, how so?

--Mr Bill
concerned he may suddenly be gracing the covers of the tabloids for some reason...

I have never seen Sergio in concert, and have been a fan for more than 25 years! Is there any chance that Sergio and band may visit the East Coast sometime in the future? :)

Hello AfterSunrise! Sergio does come to the East Coast. His most recent appearance on the East Coast was at The Blue Note up in New York. U say u r from New Jersey? He's performed in Atlantic City too MANY MANY times. Trump Plaza, Merv Griffin's Resorts, The Sands, Trump Taj Mahal. Take a ride to Atlantic City, he's there at least once a year. I am waitng for him to come back to Philly. There's plenty of places waiting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom