Sergio Mendes in Chicago in June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paula

The Ravinia venue outside Chicago announced their summer line up last week. Thursday, June 27th, is "Go Brazil!" night. Ramsey Lewis and His Electric Band are the headliners, and Sergio Mendes will perform as well.

Hi Paula,

I'll get to see Sergio for the first time since 1970 next month. He'll be in Florida, over in Sarasota at the Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall on April 15th (I seem to recall he's also in Melbourne, FL two days earlier). I've already got my tickets, opting for Sarasota, as I can at least say I've been to that town a couple of times and know my way around. Sarasota's a little farther mileage- wise, but it's all straight highway-driving with no tolls. Getting to Melbourne requires a lot of toll-road driving from here in the middle of the state.

I'm looking forward to the show.

Harry

The Ravinia venue outside Chicago announced their summer line up last week. Thursday, June 27th, is "Go Brazil!" night. Ramsey Lewis and His Electric Band are the headliners, and Sergio Mendes will perform as well.

Ramsey and Sergio on the ticket? Hawt dayum! :D

The Ravinia is a rather unique venue. The Dukes of September (Donald Fagen/Michael McDonald/Boz Scaggs) are playing there also in August, IIRC.

Thursday, huh? Hmmm...I may have to save up my pennies to go to this one. Provided it's not too expensive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom