Signed Carpenters Items question?.

Wayne Crozier

I have been a fan of The Carpenters since my mum bought the first "greatest hits" collection in the 70s over here in the U.K., but only seriously began collecting their records , boxed sets and cd boxed sets around 6 years or so ago. I have always wanted to add a signed item to this collection but have been put off buying one due to thinking that it may have been signed by a fan club secretary or employee in years gone by?, I think that you can never be 100% sure unless you have good providence with such an item. I appreciate that folks on here will more than likely have tremendous experiences of all things Carpenters including signed album covers and the like, and would like to know if is very unlikely that any item offered for sale would in fact be genuine online. I have followed many things for the past three years or so but they always seem to be way out of my budget and if they are reasonable I have been put off by my doubts over legitimacy.

If anyone wishes to offer advice or comment please do, also if anyone has anything they may consider moving on in my direction please be my guest and get in touch.

Hiya Wayne! :D

I have something the guys and gals here at the forums identified as genuine- 1975 Horizon tour book. It didn't seem so bad in terms of price, which is why I snatched it (I think I paid $95-$100 for mine, which I'm still laughing about -- at face value, it's a lot! -- when I found out it was a genuine KC and RC autograph, it was worth my time). I'm not sure if there are any autographed tour books still out there. If you can find one, it's worth it. It is the pride of my music memorabilia. If you wanted to see it, I can post it here later.

Hi, I'm 16 so of course couldn't have got any of my things signed when they were new. I did however, write to Richard last year. I was so surprised when he replied with not just a signed photo (my profile picture here) but a hand written letter to me to. He even payed for stamps to send it from California to my home here in Britain ! He is very kind. I kept comparing his writing to other writing he has done in box sets ect. just to check it was him because I couldn't believe it but it was him.

I have searched for autographs of Karen but do not think I would ever buy one because it's hard to tell which ones are real... Except once.. On eBay there was a signed 'Lovelines' LP by Karen... Not quite sure what the seller was thinking :laugh:

That is so unreal!, can't believe anyone would try selling "Lovelines", as signed just shows the depths some people will go to scam the decent people who just want something to look at and feel a connection with of someone they appreciate. I have a couple of autographs of stars I respect for the pleasure they have brought to me over the years those are Frank Sinatra and Joni Mitchell. Karen and Richard Carpenter helped me get through a difficult time in my earlier life and I will always respect that and the way their music made me feel a lot better at that time, hence why I would like something signed I guess.

Hiya Wayne! :D

I have something the guys and gals here at the forums identified as genuine- 1975 Horizon tour book. It didn't seem so bad in terms of price, which is why I snatched it (I think I paid $95-$100 for mine, which I'm still laughing about -- at face value, it's a lot! -- when I found out it was a genuine KC and RC autograph, it was worth my time). I'm not sure if there are any autographed tour books still out there. If you can find one, it's worth it. It is the pride of my music memorabilia. If you wanted to see it, I can post it here later.

For sure I would appreciate seeing that. Be my guest

(Had to shrink this down!)
qfqQpqLZSIunVyVp18400g.png

Not a problem. Always a pleasure to help a fellow member. I wish you luck if you do decide to seek out something autographed! :D

Not a problem. Always a pleasure to help a fellow member. I wish you luck if you do decide to seek out something autographed! :D

Thanks I have been looking for three years or so, but you cannot keep an eye out for everything it is just impossible, for example if I looked today ( as I have done for an hour ) , possibly 5 minutes after stopping looking someone could list something and i miss out. I have been looking I'd say for between 4 - 6 hours a week online for those three years!. But the prices are astronomical in some cases which I feel is unrealistic for me financially.
I'm hoping that one day I'll see something in a charity store which has been missed perhaps, or indeed something listed online which is signed and the seller hasn't recognized the significance of what they are selling - I know it's a long shot but I can dream I guess.

Hi, I'm 16 so of course couldn't have got any of my things signed when they were new. I did however, write to Richard last year. I was so surprised when he replied with not just a signed photo (my profile picture here) but a hand written letter to me to. He even payed for stamps to send it from California to my home here in Britain ! He is very kind. I kept comparing his writing to other writing he has done in box sets ect. just to check it was him because I couldn't believe it but it was him [SNIP]

That is amazing, and a real credit to Richard that he would be so kind.

16...16! Hah! I was your age when they were recording HORIZON. So cool to have young fans appreciative of the Carpenters music.

Back
Top Bottom