1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.

Singles Picture Sleeve

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by Song4uman, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Song4uman

Song4uman Active Member Thread Starter

Going off of a recent thread on album covers...
    Which 45 picture sleeve is your favorite?

Here is a link to the US sleeves
    The Carpenters

I think I would have to say mine are (today anyway) Goodbye to Love and Calling Occupants.

2. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Active Member

I would have to say Santa Claus Is Coming To Town & Honolulu City Lights.

3. K.C. Jr

K.C. Jr Well-Known Member

US
    I love "Honolulu City Lights", too! I wish I could find a copy, but all I've seen are plain sleeves.

I love the old-fashioned look of "The Christmas Song" one, and "Please Mr. Postman" is really creative! Aside from those, my favorite is probably "A Kind of Hush (All Over The World)".

4. wasn't their a picture sleeve for beachwood? I had a copy, but it might have been an international release.

5. Mark-T

Mark-T Well-Known Member

Only Yesterday, Rainy Days and the original Merry Christmas Darling are my favorites.

6. GaryAlan

GaryAlan Well-Known Member

My Number One Picture Sleeve:
    Solitaire.....
    Sleeves for:
    Merry Christmas Darling and Calling Occupants are great, also....

7. CraigGA

CraigGA Well-Known Member

From Rainy Days and Monday's to There's A Kind of Hush they all look great! I think It's a Going To Take Some Time, Yesterday Once More, Santa Claus, Please Mr. Postman, Only Yesterday, and There's A Kind of Hush and Honolulu City Lights are my favorites. My favorite is Please Mr. Postman.

8. newvillefan

newvillefan Well-Known Member

United States

[​IMG]

Australia

[​IMG]

Netherlands

[​IMG]

Japan

[​IMG]

David A likes this.
  9. thanks, I had the one from the Netherlands.

10. I would love to have a copy. of the mia cover that shows the front and back panel as one large poster.

11. theninjarabbit

theninjarabbit Well-Known Member

"Superstar" (the dark blue and white one) and the "Rainy Days and Mondays", with the blue on the A side and pink on the b-side, have always stood out to me. "Hurting Each Other", too-- I guess I'm a sucker for that insignia. :D

I'm most likely in the minority here but I kind of dig the "Sing/Druscilla Penny" sleeve. Then again, I have no problems with the song combination, either. :evil:

K.C. Jr likes this.
  12. Looking back, my favorites are Sing, Yesterday Once More, Only Yesterday.

13. My votes for “worst” single covers: “Sing,” with the awkward, we’re-coming-over-to-say-hi, pose, but even worse, the why’d-you-even-bother-doing-a-sleeve / text-only, “IWLADWY” and “AYGFLIALS.” Two of the longer titles, too!

Votes for “best” single covers: I like “Rainy Days,” because it has the cool silhouette logo (that I’ve used to make my own pirated t-shirts for myself, not for sale, and only because I couldn’t find any for sale - send me a link if you know of one!), “Superstar” features a more edgy, reversed version of the silhouette logo, which I don’t like as much, but that cover gets points for being the first to feature the classic CarpenterS name logo. “Only Yesterday” has the silhouette logo 2.0, which I also love, AND the CarpenterS name logo. So those three are my faves.

14. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Active Member

I've got a copy of the Honolulu cover, and it turns out that it's a photo of a pocket on a Hawaiian shirt!

15. Brian

Brian Active Member

My favourite US picture sleeve would definitely be 'For All We Know'. Second would be 'We've Only Just Begun', because it features the same photo as the 'Close To You' album, which I love. My third favourite would be 'Solitaire', (I love the 'Horizon' photo), and my fourth, 'Only Yesterday', because I like the featured silhouette art work with the 'Carpenters' logo. I don't mind the illustration for 'Rainy Days and Mondays' but don't like the sleeves that just feature lettering and no photos.