Take Randy's Word for it. ( my answer to conflicting information on Herb's reissues)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobberman

Hi everyone lately i have been reading on various threads information concerning future reissues of Herb's albums i will name two examples. ( I Don't want to jump to conclusions or make any accusations toward anybody because i really don't know the facts so i want to make that clear.)

1. The first Herb And Hugh Album recently someone here on the forum said they heard from Randy and said that the original master was lost and Randy mentioned here on the forum that that album is among those to be reissued ( at least thats what i understood) so here is my opinion they either found it or are in the process of finding it or it might have been some misunderstanding. Again i dont want to jump to conclusions but i believe when Randy comes to us here on the forum and gives us information his word should be the official word.

2.Just you and me. I read a post today from the same person mentioning the album may never be issued on CD i don't know what to make of that and again they said they heard from Randy either on facebook or a private conversation. Like the Herb &Hugh situation. So in a nutshell here is my conclusion Let's Just Wait and See what Happens and especially what Randy says If Anything.
I do remember Randy mentioning that there is a lot of misinformation going around so im taking his word for it after all He Is The Source and the One In Charge Of the Reissues.

I hope there are no Hard feelings because i have no such feelings toward anybody here i just felt i needed to make my feelings known about some things i have seen here lately that appear to contradict each other. If i am incorrect or wrong i apologize in advance. Thank you all for your time.

Well that's the nature of the internet....people see things, repeat things they heard, or get things mixed up. It's the nature of the beast.

Regarding reissues - all of us "old timers" here can recall at least one instance in the past of being told by people in the know that "ALL" of Herb's albums would be issued on CD, but the current reissue program by Randy has done the best job yet of getting the most of Herb's music out into the marketplace all at the same time. He says that there are more releases coming and that's welcome news...I say, bring 'em on!

I agree, Randy's word should be the official word on the reissues, and the same accord should be given to Bill Cantos when it comes to Herb's recording and touring.

Off the forum, we would definitely take Randy's word over second-hand postings and guesses that have been posted here over the years. I can't read everything posted here, but do try to keep up with what is going on and as is the case with any artist, I would follow up with them or their management if needed to clarify any issues. Sometimes we can't repeat publicly what we're told, but it does let us know what's coming and we are prepared for it.

Heck, there was a rumor (which started on another music forum) that Herb was "rerecording all of his trumpet parts" for the Shout Factory reissues. That turned out to be almost completely false--he recorded parts for Lost Treasures but certainly did not touch the original albums (as some were assuming he did, based on the rumor).

Heck, there was a rumor (which started on another music forum) that Herb was "rerecording all of his trumpet parts" for the Shout Factory reissues. That turned out to be almost completely false--he recorded parts for Lost Treasures
I wonder if that didn't start based on the "Rewhipped" album, on which he also recorded some new trumpet parts?

The rumor mill is a funny thing....I have a friend who watches the movie theater for us when we go out of town, and he would like to buy it when I'm ready to retire. That morphed into a rumor around town that we had sold the theater. That's been rampant for about a year and a half and despite us telling everybody who's asked that it's not true, but we still hear it from time to time. I suppose Paul McCartney is still dead to some people too.

As with any album that hasn't gotten a CD treatment, do as Bobberman suggests: find a clean copy on LP and make one for yourself. If you're technologically challenged, get one of your kids to do it for you, or a neighbor, or the neighbor's kids. Life's too short to be constantly waiting on something that may or may not ever appear.

As with any album that hasn't gotten a CD treatment, do as Bobberman suggests: find a clean copy on LP and make one for yourself. If you're technologically challenged, get one of your kids to do it for you, or a neighbor, or the neighbor's kids. Life's too short to be constantly waiting on something that may or may not ever appear.
This has worked out perfectly for me over the years in some cases the original vinyl transfer sounds better than a digital version would and you can scan the album covers and size them to fit your jewel cases and give your needledrop cd some visual integrity its the next best thing but best of all " it's your own Customized version. Forever preserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom