The Corrs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the song, the girls look great, Sharon & Caroline always seems to look different each time I see them. I don't really get the video though, why do these people not like the sun? The house falling, I don't get it. Looks like some scene from a movie. Would have been cool to have this video take place off the shores of Ireland, beach scene, summer sunshine? something to that affect?

I think since the song deals with a love affair that "nobody needs to know" about, that's why we see the lovers hiding away in the dark recesses of the house.

The Corrs seem to be trying to bring in some "summer sunshine" to the place.

BTW, there's a larger version of the video taken from TV available here.

Harry
...trying to interpret weird videos, online...

Thanks I enjoyed both of those versions. I wonder if they expect this to make it big on the radio here in the US like Breathless did? It kinda has that same radio feel as Breathless.

...with summer on the way, online...

In the Corrs video for "Summer Sunshine", I thought it was actress Julianne Moore. :oops: :o Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Here's what appears to be the official cover to the new album, BORROWED HEAVEN. It was mailed out by VH-1.

2004_3_23_18_57_46_174.jpg

The group also appeared live on BBC2 this morning. The three acoustic songs they performed live are archived on the BBC2 website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/bruce/sessions/corrs.shtml

Harry
...looking forward to this new album, online...

I just got the ICE Magazine today in the mail & The Corrs "Borrowed Heaven" on Atlantic comes out on Tuesday, May 25. Also on that same day, the trio Wilson Phillips released their first CD in over a decade called "California" (remakes) on Columbia. The trio does "You're No Good" (Betty Everett, Linda Ronstadt), "Old Man" (Neil Young), "California" (Joni Mitchell), "Already Gone" (Eagles), "Go Your Own Way" (Fleetwood Mac), "Turn! Turn! Turn!" (Byrds), "Monday Monday" (Mamas & the Papas), "Get Together" (We Five, Youngbloods), "Doctor My Eyes" (Jackson Browne), "Dance Dance Dance" & "In My Room" (Beach Boys). Peter Asher of Peter and Gordon performs, while David Campbell conducts an intermittent orchestra. I can't wait!! Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Excellent link Harry, Just love these accoustic tracks, there my favorites. Really enjoyed these alot. Just wish I could save these to my hardrive.

Andrea reminds me alot of Karen in the fact that she is always in tune & on key, I don't think I have ever heard Andrea off key nor have I heard Karen and although there diff singers, there are similarities, especially the tightness of the brother sister group/family. Just like the C's

Chris-An Ordinary Fool said:
Excellent link Harry, Just love these accoustic tracks, there my favorites. Really enjoyed these a lot. Just wish I could save these to my hardrive.

Yes, THANK YOU for the link Harry. The acoustic songs are great! :) Chris, just use Musicmatch to record the songs to your hard drive, the same way you did with the Karen documentary earlier this year.

I love the new cover photo! Very classy, with excellent composition and lighting (photography is my hobby/obsession).

I wish I could say that I love the new video, but it's just plain weird. This couple are minding their own business, and then the Corrs come along and demolish their house? Whatsup with that? :confused: There must be some kind of deep allegorical meaning to the images in the video, but I just don't get it... And here I was hoping that the video would be shot on the beach, with the girls in swimsuits... Damn! :wink:

Murray
...who knows who he'll call if he ever needs to knock down a building...

Chris-An Ordinary Fool said:
Excellent link Harry, Just love these accoustic tracks, there my favorites. Really enjoyed these a lot. Just wish I could save these to my hardrive.

Someone at a French Corrs site has the songs plus the BBC2 interviews in downloadable format. Go here.

The picture of the cover is now authentic - I had a copy of it mailed to me by The Corrs Official Website. By the way, that same email states that the album's date is May 25th - again, overriding the dates (June 1st or 8th) listed on the major online ordering sites.

Harry
...with the latest, online...

Perfect. Got um!!! :D I hope these come out on a bonus CD, these will do for now but I would buy the official released CD if they make one. I love When the Stars Go Blue, that one is cool hearing Andrea singing Bono's verses. She does a great job & backing vocals too.

Harry said:
Someone at a French Corrs site has the songs plus the BBC2 interviews in downloadable format. Go here.

Thanks Harry for posting the link to the complete radio program! What would we ever do without you?! :D

Murray
...with a new Corrs "live on BBC radio" CD to listen to...

You're welcome, guys.

Harry
...trying to keep up with the latest, online...

Timothy22 said:
My daughter 14 is going with me to the concert. She just started taking drum lessons and I'm hoping she'll be inspired after seeing a lady drummer!

Well Timothy, I've got good news and bad news:

Good news: Caroline Corr has announced her pregnancy. http://www.thecorrswebsite.com

Bad news: She's due in October. That likely means she will not be letting loose on her drum kit in August/September. Word is that another drummer may be brought in, and Caroline will tour as long as possible, playing some kind of lesser percussive instruments.

Further details as they are available.

Harry
...with mixed feelings about the news, online...

:o OMG, the Corrs have added a Canadian tour to their schedule! They will be playing Edmonton on August 2nd, and Calgary on August 3rd. Both cities are only 500 miles from here, so I may finally get my chance to experience the Corrs live, provided that tickets are sold online, and they don't sell out before I can get through to the website...

Murray
...who wonders if Caroline will still be playing drums on August 2nd...

There's an article in the May 1st UK Telegraph about The Corrs. Someone's scanned it and put it on the web. You can find it here:

http://uk.msnusers.com/UltimateCorrs/newsampmagsgallery.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=12562

Two points of interest: Their father, Gerry Corr provided a picture of the three young ladies back in their school days:

littlegirls3.jpg

Second, a quote from Bono of U2 who thinks of The Corrs as like the Carpenters dressed in Versace.

Interesting article - with some hints at lyrics from the new album.

Harry
...with the latest, online...

i'm confused..... caroline is pregnant??? again, so soon after her first baby?

i had a look on their website but couldn't find the announcment..whereabouts is it harry?

grainne.

ahhh, just saw it now. i have to admit that i've been a bit busy the past few months, so the news of caroline's pregnancy slipped past me:)
i'd say this one was a surprise...she's gonna have her hands full, that's for sure!

For Corrs UK , Eire & some European fans with good TV reception :

Corrs will perform one song -probably the new single on :

Parkinson -BBC 1 Talk Show

Saturday 8 May 2004

This is Michael Parkinson's last BBC show before changing Networks

Bruce Forsyth -who hosted Karen's Legendary 1978 UK Christmas Special will be the main guest :o

BBC News Journalist -Katie Smith -is obviously a Corrs fan as she regrets Corrs are pre-recorded and not performing live at BBC studios :sad:

Not sure If I will see this show as away from home this weekend :sad:

Peter....Corrs Update.....

Parkinson :

UK BBC 1 22:05 HRS - 1 HOUR TALK SHOW :)

Boris Becker -Wimbledon Champion -is another guest

Peter -Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom