1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.

Holidays! THE OFFICIAL REVIEW: [Album] "AN OLD-FASHIONED CHRISTMAS" SP-9107

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by Chris May, Dec 1, 2014.

How Would You Rate This Album?

1. ***** (BEST)

6 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. ****

20 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. ***

8 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. **

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  5. *

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Active Member

Hard to believe it’s almost that time of year! I was thinking that we had just passed Old-Fashioned’s anniversary, but it’s anniversary is on the 26.

2. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Active Member

I’m just listening to “Holy Night” on the DVD “Carpenters Christmas Memories” and I noticed that Richard’s piano, and even towards the end the backing instruments are different from what’s on AOFC.

3. I was in the Carpenters' fan club, and had no clue about An Old Fashioned Christmas being released. I was looking through Christmas LP's at Musicland and found it, at first I thought it was a re-issue of A Christmas portrait, but once I took a better look, I found out it was a "new" LP! Took it home and played it at once even though it was still late November! I loved it and am thankful for this Carpenters Christmas treasure. Christmas isn't Christmas without the Carpenters!

4. I paid $7.99 for my original copy in 1984