Votes: 2 3.3%
  • The Shadow Of Your Smile

Votes: 6 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rudy said:
He just means the version which ended up on CD. :agree:

Whew, I thought there was another version. I know that it has the short version of PLUCKY, so it has to be the original '66 version.
Scared me there for a bit.

Well, just a quick caveat - I have an ochre labeled copy with the short version of "Plucky". BUT - it also has the de-boned "Brasilia" on the other side.

So it's possible to get a "hybrid" where one side is one version and the other side is the other version, based on whichever stampers the record company used to press the album. It's totally unknown how many copies turned out like THAT.

harry

Oh, GREAT, Harry. I just sent Stu off an email to make sure it's the right version, just for peace of mind. I am sure he told me that he heard all the diferences we have discussed.

Harry said:
Well, just a quick caveat - I have an ochre labeled copy with the short version of "Plucky". BUT - it also has the de-boned "Brasilia" on the other side.

So it's possible to get a "hybrid" where one side is one version and the other side is the other version, based on whichever stampers the record company used to press the album. It's totally unknown how many copies turned out like THAT.

harry

That sounds like a case of someone switching the metal parts at the pressing plant.

Rudy said:
Harry said:

harry

That sounds like a case of someone switching the metal parts at the pressing plant.

Could possibly have happened around the time of the switch from the ochre to silver label.
I did check with Stu, he is using the version with the "boned" version of "Brasilia".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom