1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
  2. We have received word that UMe is aware of the problem with the Carpenters vinyl releases, both the box sets and the individual LPs, and has offered a solution. To receive a replacement, send a proof of purchase to [email protected]. UMe prefers email, but those who prefer phone contact may call 1-800-288-5942 to speak to Customer Support.

AOTW The Quick WAH WAH (A&M SP 5140)

Discussion in 'A Small Circle of Friends: The Music Forum' started by LPJim, Jun 20, 2017.

1. LPJim

LPJim Well-Known Member Moderator Thread Starter

A1 Adventures Tonight 3:57
    A2 Down The Wire 3:17
    A3 We Can Learn From This 4:51
    A4 Cry Baby 4:27
    A5 Poise 4:42
    B1 I Needed You, You Needed Me 3:53
    B2 Big Decision 5:03
    B3 Last Victim 3:45
    B4 Sharon 4:02
    B5 Bed Of Nails 3:27

Released Sept. 1986 on LP, CD & BASF Chrome Cassette
    Note: there is no album information for 'SP 5139'

JB

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  2. AM Matt

AM Matt Well-Known Member

There was also a group from Cleveland, Ohio called The Quick (which featured Eric Carmen, later in The Raspberries & solo career) in late 1969, early 1970 & it was quick because he broke up the group. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

toeknee4bz likes this.
  3. Brian

Brian Active Member

This particular group, The Quick, from the UK, had a Top 10 in Australia with an earlier single, 'Hip, Shake, Jerk'. They also had a moderate hit with 'Rhythm of the Jungle'.

I had two of their albums on vinyl:- 'On the Uptake' and 'Fascinating Rhythm', which had some tracks repeated on them. I have never heard 'Wah Wah'.

Much of The Quick's music, such as further singles, 'Ship to Shore' and 'Sharks are Cool, Jets are Hot', was super-catchy and commercial - maybe so blatantly commercial that most of the public, (except for me), didn't go for it.

As a guy in my early 20's, I really liked the two albums I mentioned above and used to play them often.

I haven't listened to them for many years.

I believe that at least one of the members of The Quick went on to other projects in the music industry after 'Wah Wah'.