The Singles 1974-78 Cancelled Japan CD Release

Karen4ever

A friend of mine in Japan, who is a collector of Carpenters CDs, has told me recently that he obtained a copy of the above in the secondary market, in a mini-LP format, for 46,000 yen. This indicates that some copies of the cancelled release must have slipped out prior to its destruction (which seems entirely possible, as the cancellation was announced only weeks before the release date, so the discs should already have been pressed).

As a serious collector of Carpenters CDs myself for decades, I am at once dismayed and delighted by this: dismayed because my collection has now a major hole; delighted because it has been a long time since I have had a new treasure hunting target.

I am wondering whether any member of this board has the good fortune of owning a copy of this CD.

Do you think your friend would send a scan of the cover so we could see it?

I'll ask (I'd like to see it myself). However, I've never been able to figure out how to upload pictures on this site. Perhaps I'm just overlooking something.

You cannot upload to the site. Upload to a third party site and then link to the picture here.

Back
Top Bottom