There's A Kind of Hush

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigGA

I often catch myself humming this tune...........

I have always liked this song, and especially enjoy the live version of the London Palladium CD. It sounds as if Karen just had fun and enjoyed singing (playing with) this song with its laid back feel. If there were good back up singers to support Karen's lead, this could have been a cute release in 1976, instead of the studio version, with From This Moment On on the flip side. After all, this CD is nicer than the A Kind of Hush package.

Craig

Craig :

Have you obtained / seen Essential Box Set notes by Richard on AKOH ?

I enjoyed this Single Release in 1976, however this has not worn well with Richard :oops:

Radio Interview in 2001, Richard explained the Double Tracking Recording Process behind AKOH and his aversion to this Track !

AKOH on Palladium Album is Looser and more Fun, would be Great for A&M / Universal to re-issue in 2003 Worldwide for Fans -Ideally The Full Palladium Concerts should be Released as 2 CD Special / De-Luxe Set :)

Peter....From This Moment On.....

I always seem to agree with you, Peter. I would like the Palladium idea as well. I have not yet obtained the Essentials.... I really need something new on it to be urged to spend more money on something I already have on other CD's. So, I will wait for the price to fall some. I have the entire remastered classics, and muliple copy of various cd and lp releases, vhs tape, and dvd.

The only two I really want that I do not have is Karoke and Anthology but not for the prices they go for. And, I would like a video of the BBC concerts.

I paid for As Time Goes By...but it had new songs.

Craig

THERE'S A KIND OF HUSH is one of my favorite Carpenters songs, partly because it's one of the first I heard them sing on German radio in the 70's, and partly because A KIND OF HUSH was my first Carpenters album ever ( I bought it in 1981).

But HUSH is a catchy, lovely tune in itself. I can't understand, why Richard dislikes it that much. :?: The best remix is to be found on the Japanese CD TWENTYTWO HITS OF THE CARPENTERS. Heavy drums and synthesizers, but I like that! It suits the song.

I also like the prolonged ending in the remix of this song, where you can hear the saxophone playing a little while longer.

Bruno, remix fan

Richard dislikes "Theres a kind of hush" for the same reason he dislikes "please mr postman" and "beechwood 4-5789".

I once heard an interview where Richard said that he would not have spent time recording those type of songs if he knew in advance that Karen would only live for a few years to record songs.

Back in '74, it was promoted that Richard had a clever arrangement for Postman and although questioned from others about even recording this song, his reply was along the lines that he could make it work.

Please Mr. Postman was one of the handful of songs that was number one by both the original Motown artist and its remake artist. It was also song of the year in Japan. So, all in all, I think that the song proved valid for their road success.

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom