TJB 1962 - 1969

I didn't see Lee Katzman on AFM Session sheets until HEADS UP, where he is also pictured on the album back cover.

Herb Alpert and Anthony Terran were the trumpets on the BAJA session that produced LAS MANANITAS and JUAREZ.

I checked it just now Thanks Bob. Still with imports like this its hard to tell and i listened to a few key tracks which is what made me suspect it as a bootleg 1. Mexican drummer man sounds very loud and distorted ( maybe just my ears.) And Las mananitas on this is not the single version as featured on the flip side of whipped cream ( i had the single one time) it originally didnt have the chorus and it was in mono. And since Herb owns the masters and A&M NO LONGER ISSUES ANY HERB ALPERT PRODUCT. I just had a Hard time believing this particular set is legitimate.but then again. I could be wrong too. Again as i said it does sound pretty good though.

"Las Mananitas" was also the B-side of "The Bell That Couldn't Jingle," and is the same version that appears on Christmas Album.

In the UK, "Las Mananitas" was released in 1965 on the EP 'Getting Sentimental'
herb-alpert-and-the-tijuana-brass-im-getting-sentimental-over-you-pye-international.jpg

Tracklisting: Side 1: I'm Getting Sentimental Over You / Peanuts
Side 2: And The Angels Sing / Las Mananitas
Always has been one of my most favourite Herb EPs.

Back
Top Bottom