🎵 AotW Tracie - FAR FROM THE HURTING KIND (SP-5023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Tracie
FAR FROM THE HURTING KIND
A&M SP-5023

sp5023.jpg

Tracie Young is a U.K. based singer discovered by Paul Weller of the Jam. She has had a second career as a radio announcer.

A1 (I Love You) When You Sleep
A2 Soul's On Fire
A3 Nothing Happens Here But You
A4 I Can't Hold On 'Till Summer
A5 Dr. Love
B1 Thank You
B2 Moving Together
B3 Spring, Summer, Autumn
B4 What Did I Hear You Say
B5 Far From The Hurting Kind

Released on June 18, 1984 & peaked at #64 on U.K. album sales charts
Reissued on CD in 1996 by Trattria Polystar & again in 2010 by Vivid Sound Corp. (VSCD-8153)
Both reissues are Japanese and contain bonus tracks.

Currently available on CD and MP3, courtesy of our friends at Cherry Red Records (UK).

Tracie Young maintains an active fan page on Facebook.

JB

NOTE: Catalog # SP 5021 was assigned to a self-titled Sting solo project not released & SP 5022 (Herb Alpert 'BULLISH') has been discussed elsewhere

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! This is one I've never heard of! I had no idea Paul Weller had any connection to A&M. As an admirer of his work with The Style Council (underrated band) and The Jam, I'm really curious to check this one out. How is this album?

Thanks for posting that clip, LPJim! Pretty good song. It kinda reminds me of a cross between Basia and early Everything But the Girl (i.e. The Language of Life, back before they started making club music.) I'll have to check out the full record; seems like something that'd be up my alley.

Turns out I have this album in my collection (as SP-5023). It's got a gold promotional stamp on the back cover. I must have grabbed it because of the A&M logo, but until now have never listened to it. I think I like it after a run-through or two. There are quite a few easy-to-like tracks here.

The LP has only 10 tracks, but I see that the Cherry Red reissue has a bunch of extra tracks and a bit of a jumbled running order. Also, in looking online, it seems that the A&M issue is a bit of an odd-man out as most copies seem to be on Respond Records.

Also, the coloration of the cover on my LP is way less "purple" than most of the images on the web. The small AOTW cover above is actually close. This is a bigger approximation of the way mine looks:

TracieFront.jpg

The other interesting thing about the A&M issue is that the word "Tracie" is much bolder than on all of the other issues. The Respond and CD issues use a different font style with the letters spread farther apart.

Harry

I would have to check again, but I think it was a Respond (UK) release, and A&M was just the issuing label (licensee?) in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom