Truly You from Karen's out takes solo ~

I listened to this in my car this morning but didn't have a chance to comment until now....I just re-listened this time with my Sony headphones and it's great, the first thing that came mind was how radio friendly it sounds going back to 1979/80 I could hear something like this on the radio. It almost reminds me of that mono feeling where Karen is right up front center coming over the radio vocally.

Really glad some of you like this.
I posted on Youtube a version of Karen's out take TRULY YOU. I tinkered with this in 2012 that SHOULD HAVE been a single or remix for Richard's upcoming "As Time Goes By #2"

video here:

I did some editing on "Something's Missing...." to make it more radio friendly also.

I did some editing on "Something's Missing...." to make it more radio friendly also.

This is the perfect edit! I always felt the mistake with this song is that it went on too long and meandered off into nowhere. This edit fixes that. Thanks for sharing :)

Two things I wanted to mention on this song. Why oh why wasn't this track 2 on the solo album instead of the awful All Because Of You? It would have nestled perfectly between Lovelines and If I Had You. It's got the same New York vibe to it as those two tracks and would have made for a much better selection of tracks.

The other thing is that listening to it, I wonder if Karen picked it because the lyric had parallels with her own life. It almost sounds as if she could be singing about Terry Ellis, who she tried to reconcile with right around the time she was recording/finishing the solo album. Of course we know now that he rebuffed her, explaining that he was by then engaged to be married to someone else...

Got my house
Got my fancy car
Everything's going like I planned so far
But something's not there
That should be there
I gotta find it somewhere

Since the day you left my side
I've torn myself apart
And I still can't decide
Is it you I need
Or did you really hurt my pride?

I really wish we had Karen's insight into her album. I would love to know which was her favorite song in the ones released and also from the unreleased cuts. Is there one from the unreleased cuts that she really liked but just didn't have time to finish or one she favored over the others etc..

This is the perfect edit! I always felt the mistake with this song is that it went on too long and meandered off into nowhere. This edit fixes that. Thanks for sharing :)

Two things I wanted to mention on this song. Why oh why wasn't this track 2 on the solo album instead of the awful All Because Of You? It would have nestled perfectly between Lovelines and If I Had You. It's got the same New York vibe to it as those two tracks and would have made for a much better selection of tracks.

The other thing is that listening to it, I wonder if Karen picked it because the lyric had parallels with her own life. It almost sounds as if she could be singing about Terry Ellis, who she tried to reconcile with right around the time she was recording/finishing the solo album. Of course we know now that he rebuffed her, explaining that he was by then engaged to be married to someone else...

Got my house
Got my fancy car
Everything's going like I planned so far
But something's not there
That should be there
I gotta find it somewhere

Since the day you left my side
I've torn myself apart
And I still can't decide
Is it you I need
Or did you really hurt my pride?
I wonder if it does parallel to Terry Ellis - but you can tell that Karen truly FELT the lyric....Softly perhaps?? Thanks for the comments. Iam posting on the Youtube site other songs and older Carps boot tracks that need some cleaning up - Here are 2 tracks from The Richard Carpenter Trio that have been floating around for years ~

I really wish we had Karen's insight into her album. I would love to know which was her favorite song in the ones released and also from the unreleased cuts. Is there one from the unreleased cuts that she really liked but just didn't have time to finish or one she favored over the others etc..
one more out take worth a second look - edited and remastered LOVE MAKIN' LOVE TO YOU:

Back
Top Bottom