Two lives

Also, there are plenty of people who sound like Karen, why didn't Richard just hire some session vocalists to do the background overdubbing to Karen's work leads? It would have made all of those tracks more like a true Carpenters album if you ask me.

Very astute observation. I agree a handful of studio session singers would have sounded better but then it still wouldn't have been the Carpenters sound. At least with the chorale he could get their sound in one take, instead of doing multiple overdubs with three or four singers. Maybe budget was therefore a consideration. I don't think the posthumous albums were given a budget anything like those recorded during Karen's lifetime.

Very astute observation. I agree a handful of studio session singers would have sounded better but then it still wouldn't have been the Carpenters sound. At least with the chorale he could get their sound in one take, instead of doing multiple overdubs with three or four singers. Maybe budget was therefore a consideration. I don't think the posthumous albums were given a budget anything like those recorded during Karen's lifetime.
He also used the chorale quite a bit on his second solo album.

Back
Top Bottom