U need BOTB

Status
Not open for further replies.

stolfstolf

hey guys....been away a while...just got a copy of
tv special BOTB and couldn't for the life of me
name the tune they did on the Delta Queen so i
zipped over to the corner & found it in 2 seconds...
bo bo!!!...altho with calliope part...every TjB fan
should have this tape...actually, just a couple tunes
from the LP are on it...but its got "california girls"
with vocals by merry-go-round...live clips of mame
and edmondson's strutting with maria routine...
(trying to play bones and cymbals at same time)...
plus dig sharon's gargantua eye-lashes...woof!...
is the version of TGILWY same as the lp/45?...
anyhow, got 2 questions:

does the corner have a check list of non-LP b-sides/
alternate versions/rare cuts?...

does the corner have a master list of HA TV appearances?
i looked him up on imdb and its pretty skimpy
altho interesting...

also check my question on off-topic....---stolf---

There's a fairly complete list of singles in the Discography section which has the few b-sides and non-album tracks that were officially issued. Not listed there are the TV recordings that were made over the years like the "California Girls" that you mentioned.

The live "Mame" and "Struttin' With Maria" segment along with the "This Guy's In Love With You" video with Herb singing to Sharon appear on the officially released THE VERY BEST OF HERB ALPERT video that came out in the UK and Japan. It's a mixture of all of the TV specials plus some Herb solo videos and one new song, "Ode To The Sun."

Harry
...who may have to break down someday and buy some of these bootleg videos, online...

I'm willing to add TV appearances to the TJB site if someone would compile a list. My knowledge of that aspect of the TJB is near zero. And of course, it would have a healthy disclaimer that none of these have ever been commercially released on video, and that any other purchases are at the buyer's own risk.

FWIW, I bought the one TV special and have no desire to own another. (It's way too cornball for my taste. The TJB were musicians, definitely not actors! But at least the curiosity is satisfied. :wink: ) The more recent appearances on TV are cool, and that Alpert video compilation is a neat idea because it covers all aspects of his career with a lot of variety.

-= N =-

Rudy said:
The TJB were musicians, definitely not actors!

You can say that again! I just recently pulled out my copy of the "8Ball" music video (now that I again have access to broadcast gear) and sheesh! Herb's acting in that video is the equivalent of his singing on the tune "Just You & Me." But it's still a good video.

--Mr Bill
who thinks "Keep Your Eye On Me" is the best Herb video...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom