UK fans BBC4 tonight at 3am (05 Jan into 06 Jan'18)

isn't it funny, how you can have loads of stuff on DVD and rarely touch them, but something comes on t.v, you just have to watch :)
I still enjoyed it though and had to laugh when Richard said how crappy the front cover was on close to you! boy, did you see the anger in Richards face as well, when it was suggested Karen my decide she actually dos`nt want to sing anymore ............ that was the face of thunder :laugh:

Reactions: Sue
isn't it funny, how you can have loads of stuff on DVD and rarely touch them, but something comes on t.v, you just have to watch :)
I still enjoyed it though and had to laugh when Richard said how crappy the front cover was on close to you! boy, did you see the anger in Richards face as well, when it was suggested Karen my decide she actually dos`nt want to sing anymore ............ that was the face of thunder :laugh:

For me one of the most telling moments was where he recounted Karen’s progress with her under Levenkron. You can tell he’s almost reliving the exasperation and worry on camera when he tells her she’s getting nowhere with the therapist because she’s in a hospital now.

For me one of the most telling moments was where he recounted Karen’s progress with her under Levenkron. You can tell he’s almost reliving the exasperation and worry on camera when he tells her she’s getting nowhere with the therapist because she’s in a hospital now.
It’s all too heartbreaking. Just thoughts: I can’t imagine the pain of and on either side. The more we are given, the more we want to know, to understand, but nothing can be reapplied. Some things can’t be processed in our lifetime. We can only pray for peace and understanding and celebrate the life that was created and is created. I lost a brother to cancer, and I’m sure there are others on here who have lost their siblings. The search for peace and understanding is relentless but nonetheless somewhat abided by the love that surrounds us. Still, heartbreaking. I know in my case, I had a bit of frustration for All Healthcare and had many points of frustration. No one cares for your own family member as you do. This is an example of the product of family love. We must provide the family with the same respect we need in our own life.

This is maybe the best documentary out there, if only because it manages to tread the difficult line of giving equal coverage to both their career and their personal lives. What is also good about it is that it's very even-handed - Richard gives his opinions (quite forthrightly at times), but from therapists and Karen's friends are also given a chance to provide an alternative viewpoint.

I posted a copy of this documentary on YouTube in February 2016 (acknowledging the rights of the BBC and that no infringement was intended) and to date it’s had close to 1 million views. There are dozens of comments posted on a daily basis so it’s nice to know people out there are watching it all the time.

Back
Top Bottom