[url]www.herbalpert.com[/url] - nothing about the new CD's

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 words: Different record company.

I am surprised that Herb didn't take control of this when the Shout! deal was signed.

We have been told that updates are in the works though.

Maybe he figures that A&M Corner is doing enough in getting the news out on the web and he doesn't need another site! :)

Blake Forsythe said:
3 words: Different record company.

Probably correct -- that site was set up under the auspices of Uni, I suspect, and they'd want no undue promotion for Sony product. The music page is eerily "dead" if you choose "slow connection."

Blake Forsythe said:
Maybe he figures that A&M Corner is doing enough in getting the news out on the web and he doesn't need another site! :)

:laugh: That's why "visit www.amcorner.com" is visible on every copy.

--Mr Bill
a little toungue in cheek sarcasm to kick off the work week...

I believe that the web site happened because Herb needed to have one and was overdue. Coincidentally, Definitive Hits was releasing. Kip told me before the site went up that they had registered all the URLs that they wanted. I don't think that Uni ever had any control over the site.

Herb's site is in no way tied to a record label. I'm sure someone will get around to updating it soon.

There's nothing wrong with except that it needs to be updated so that people visiting will know that "Defective Hits" isn't the only representation of Herb Alpert & The TJB on CD. Unfortunately, as prominent as A&M Corner is in these circles, not every TJB fan knows about us and therefore would probably try the artist's web site when looking for current info.

David,
thinking this time Herb REALLY has something to advertise.......

There was something a few months ago that said to check his website for info on that A&M thing at UCLA but there's nothing. God bless Herb and all he stands for, but his site stinks. He should start updating his site or start contributing to this one on some level.

Captain Bacardi said:
manifan said:
Why doesn't someone else start a new, reliable Herb Alpert website?

Is there something wrong with this one??? :confused:

Capt. Bacardi

Oops...didn't mean to imply there's anything wrong with this site, I love it...and I can't figure out how to say what I mean without gagging on my foot! :o

Maybe there's just nothing "monumental" about 'the reissue' as there is about 'the original issue'. I agree that the real news about Herb and his reissued TjB CD's is right here! Anything having to do with Almo Sounds, and that, is really past tense. I'm sure Herb isn't really that directly-involved in how that site ("HA.com", or not) is run, anyway...

Dave

I'm sure there's a lot of activity in the world of Herb Alpert right now. That said, I'm also sure the site will be updated when possible. Let's be grateful the TJB catalog is seeing the light of day -- Herb put a great deal of work into them -- and look on site updates as something to look forward to.

I know I do!!

Jon

Not to blow our own horn, but here at the A&M Corner we have just about anything you want to know about Herb Alpert - with & without the TJB. We have a full discography, photos, updated news, etc. We have had some of Herb's people and/or relatives popping in on occassion discussing things with everybody. You won't get that at Herb's website.

This is the place to be! :wink:

Capt. Bacardi

Captain Bacardi said:
Not to blow our own horn, but here at A&M Corner, we have just about anything you want to know about Herb Alpert...

This is the place to be! :wink:

Capt. Bacardi

Tooot!!! Yes, how true! Again, a "reissue" date can never be as significant as a date when a product was originally issued, 'cept by whoever issues either... (I mean look at all the copies of Sergio's Fool On The Hill-- issued by nearly EVERY incarnation of A&M!!)

Go to the Shout! Factory Website, if you really want to see anything on the New TjB reissues, then, but the real celebration is HERE! :wave:

An "official" Website or not, it's a FAN SITE such as this--actually ONLY THIS! ...where if you want ANYTHING A&M, it's happening HERE!!! :goodie:

Who cares about The Rest?! A&M Corner is The Best!! :cheers:

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom