Vinyl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Song4uman

Was recently in a Barnes and Noble and was shocked to see how much vinyl is back in stores (hadn't been in there in a while...).

I would love to see the Carpenters back on vinyl. How cool to see a double album of one of their compilations (Love Songs, 22 Hits, etc.) OR a new compilations double album that might include 1 new "Carpenters" song and 1 unreleased solo from Karen. Some cool artwork and maybe an unreleased photo or the photo of Karen and Richard sitting listening to a record.....

I had posted several years ago about wanting an album of all of the singles and the "b" sides and how I was making my own....then that came into fruition with the PBS set. Maybe someone will listen to this wish of mine...haha

Jonathan

I was thinking of another one that shows the record player close up and they are in the background sort of.

The-Carpenters-469x699.jpg

I absolutely love those pictures of Richard and/or Karen listening to records (no wonder I chose that Paris 1971 pic for my avatar :rolleyes: )! Are there any more besides the ones posted above, and the one where Karen is studying a Runt album cover (with another one on her lap)? Oh and of course the one of Richard as a little boy standing next to a whole bunch of 45s...

Greg, spinning "Why don't you write me" by The Barries right now (Richard's 1st performance on vinyl) :phones:

Was recently in a Barnes and Noble and was shocked to see how much vinyl is back in stores (hadn't been in there in a while...).

I would love to see the Carpenters back on vinyl. How cool to see a double album of one of their compilations (Love Songs, 22 Hits, etc.) OR a new compilations double album that might include 1 new "Carpenters" song and 1 unreleased solo from Karen. Some cool artwork and maybe an unreleased photo or the photo of Karen and Richard sitting listening to a record.....

Or besides the "New" Carpenters song, and unreleased solo from Karen, how about a new solo track from Richard, or at least the inclusion of a track from his Time album (like Say Yeah! or Who Do You Love, or even Something In Your Eyes). Considering that Who Do You Love was released as a single in Japan (and was it released as a 45 anywhere else?) it's surprising that Richard hasn't included any of the singles from Time on any compilation album. Even on the recent The Complete Singles we had If I Had You, which, based on my own copy of the promo CD with just the one song, and the cover that I've seen on the 1999 DVD release of the Close To You: Remembering The Carpenters with both If I Had You & The Uninvited Guest on the cassette cover, that 1989 single was released as a Karen Carpenter Solo (not to mention on The Essential Collection/From The Top we've had the Karen-only Looking For Love/I'll Be Yours) with only a mention of "From the A&M album "Lovelines", and no Carpenters reference. So on any new compilation album, either on vinyl or CD, it would be nice to see Richard's 45's make an appearance, as well as his fine duet with Karen, Do You Hear What I Hear (or maybe he could make a 3rd Carpenters Christmas album with some of the left-over TV stuff, plus add his Christmas Morn, Home For The Holidays, and bring back Do You Hear? and maybe a duet or two with his children).

I had forgot about those two albums, but at the same time those were just released in Europe. And both songs are B-Sides of singles ("When Time" was the B-Side to "Who Do You Love" and "Calling Your Name" was the B-Side on the US promo "Time" single).

As for "Sandy" from PACC, that more a remix than anything and Karen's Theme I never really found to be all that great, even though it's appeared on the most compilations (Collected, UC, C-P-C, Essential).

But just like Karen's "Still Crazy", it would be nice, if Richard doesn't like the 80's influence now, if he would do a remix of "Say Yeah" and include it on a compilation album. Or include "Who Do You Love" or "Time" .

But with his PACC album, it would be nice if he remixed or re-recorded "All Those Years Ag" with vocals.

I would prefer no Christmas tracks (if I was being asked..lol) and would be fine with no solo tracks from Richard.

I am willing to help design the packaging if the will just give me a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom