Voice Of The Heart U.K. Cat. No. CDA 64954

Status
Not open for further replies.

david8302

I was wondering if anybody know anything about this release, please? It appears to be a Japanese release CD-4954, with a sticker stating the UK catalogue number. I think that I bought this CD in October 1984. I have attached an image of the front of the jewel case.

R-9092831-1476630285-2620.jpeg.jpg

David, are you able to upload a photo of the disc? I have the original USA CD, my insert looks just like this one with the A&M red logo on the bottom left and the compact disc logo in red on the bottom right. My disc says Made by Denon, USA (shiny mirror finish) CD-4954 dated 1983

My original says "Product Manufactured at Nippon Columbia. Made by DENON/Nippon Columbia., Ltd. Japan." It's also CD-4954 and has a smooth jewel case (not rippled).

When you say rippled are you referring to the black spine of the jewel case? The black spine of my jewel case is rippled not smooth, in fact most of my 80's Carpenters CD jewel cases are rippled like the photo David posted.

No, I'm talking about the top and bottom edges of the clear jewel case. Newer ones are all rippled, but the oldest jewel cases were called "smooth sided". I have a number of Carpenters CD with smooth-sided cases: CLOSE TO YOU, SINGLES, A SONG FOR YOU, CHRISTMAS PORTRAIT, PASSAGE, and VOICE OF THE HEART.

Oh, interesting because all of my Carpenters 80's jewel cases are rippled on the top and bottom including my VOTH, the only ones not rippled are my Now & Then and my A Song For You cases.

That is exactly what my disc looks like. It would appear that the Japanese factory was making these for both the US and UK markets, but since the A&M UK had a slightly different catalog number, they added the sticker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom