Walter Wanderley - vocalists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
The subject of the two Walter Wanderley A&M/CTi albums came up recently over at the Steve Hoffman forum in a rather round-about way - discussion of computer dektops.

Anyway, it got me to dig out the copy I have with the two albums on one CD and I listened to it on the way to work today.

I was struck by how much one vocalist on the song "5:30 Plane" sounded like Bonnie Bowden, later of Brasil '77 fame. Looking up the credits, I see that the album's vocals are credited to Flora Purim, Linda November, Stella Stevens, and Susan Manchester. I'm pretty sure it's not Flora Purim that I'm hearing on that track. Anyone know who the Bonnie Bowden sound-alike is?

Harry

After some research...

Linda November was credited for "alto vocals" on a Philip Glass CDs.

A "Stella Stevens" was credited for background vocals to:

HUMANARY STEW A TRIBUTE TO ALICE COOPER - CLEOPATRA - CD - USA - 1999

Was she an actress too???

(or is this going to be a Janis Hansen thing again?)

Susan Manchester...

http://abstractlogix.com/xcart/product.php?printable=Y&productid=16390&cat=0&page=59

for Mike Mainieri - White Elephant (2 CD) #16390 (1972).

It has a couple of samples...

Process of elimination?

Hope this helps...

Harry said:
The subject of the two Walter Wanderley A&M/CTi albums came up recently over at the Steve Hoffman forum in a rather round-about way - discussion of computer dektops.

Anyway, it got me to dig out the copy I have with the two albums on one CD and I listened to it on the way to work today.

I was struck by how much one vocalist on the song "5:30 Plane" sounded like Bonnie Bowden, later of Brasil '77 fame. Looking up the credits, I see that the album's vocals are credited to Flora Purim, Linda November, Stella Stevens, and Susan Manchester. I'm pretty sure it's not Flora Purim that I'm hearing on that track. Anyone know who the Bonnie Bowden sound-alike is?

Harry

Something tells me it's Linda November. I need to get out the gatefold and read over Leonard Feather's liner notes- maybe he mentions the specific vocalists on that track...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom