Was BRASIL 86 ever released in CD format?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Sanguinetti

Dear Sergio Mendes fans,
Anybody knows if the album "BRASIL 86" was ever released in CD format?
If so, where can I get it?.

Thank You in advance.

Alex Sanguinetti

Yes, the BRASIL '86 album did have a limited release on CD. The Compact Disc was a new technology back then, so it never was released in huge numbers. But back then, as a current album, it was easy enough to find in the record racks. I know -- I remember holding the longbox in my hand (where they took the CD booklet out of its case and displayed it above in a bubble pack, and the face of the CD itself was visible below). I remember looking at the tiny fine print on the disc and seeing Lani Hall's name on the track "Nowhere To Hide". And STILL, I elected not to buy it, not being a fan of anything Mendes past "Love Music" at that time. And besides, it didn't have any "hits" on it! (Like THAT mattered!)

After becoming a "member" here, discussions led me to seek out the album. I found it on vinyl without too much difficulty, and discovered some of the wonders of the BRASIL '86 album, not the least of which is Lani's perfomance on "Nowhere To Hide." But coming up with the CD proved to be a challenge. I took the eBay route, and successfully obtained a copy a few years ago, for a *reasonable*, around $50 price.

I'm fairly certian that there's also a Japanese edition of this, but these days, whenever either one shows up on eBay, the bidding goes crazy -- usually into the hundreds of dollars.

Harry
...happy owner of a Brasil '86 CD, online...

Hey, thanks for the fast and informative answer. Wow man, that kind of money it's way out of line for a CD, hahahaha.
Would it be to much to ask you what's the personal in that album (at least drummer/s)?

All the best,
Alex Sanguinetti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom