1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.

Wes Montgomery A&M mono LPs--dedicated mixes or fold downs?

Discussion in 'Jazz on A&M/CTi/Horizon and Others' started by Mahanusafa02, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Mahanusafa02

Mahanusafa02 New Member Thread Starter

UK
    Hello all, first thread here. I have got a UK mono A Day in the Life LP (Wes Montgomery - A Day In The Life , which says stereo on this website but plays mono) and am curious if this mono mix is dedicated or a fold down from stereo, and if this LP is different than the US version (Wes Montgomery - A Day In The Life ). I've also got the same question re: this Down Here US mono promo LP here: Wes Montgomery - Down Here On The Ground

Finally, was there a mono LP (promo or stock) of Road Song either in the US or UK?

Thanks, I know there are a lot of unknowns for me here, but A&M, between HA&TJB and Wes, is quickly becoming one of my favorite labels.

2. Mahanusafa02

Mahanusafa02 New Member Thread Starter

UK
  3. Bobberman

Bobberman Well-Known Member

The radio station I work at has a vintage promo mono copy of Down here on the ground and it's a dedicated mono l.p. to my knowledge there were no stock mono copies of Road Song but I'm sure there are white label promo versions in dedicated mono.