What Exactly Is This 45?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

I've been collecting TJB stuff for years, and I forgot I had this oddball 45 in the back of a box somewhere. I can find absolutely nothing on the internet about it. Is this Herb related? Is this the very first Almo record? Any info would be appreciated. I can't get the image command to work, but the link is below.

https://flic.kr/p/BDcvRH

shane I never heard of that one, you can try type in your search engine 45 cat that is all of the 45 single releases then type in bob mitchel and see what comes up.

take care

bob

I'd bet that this record label had nothing to do with Alpert and Moss. Back then, there were a lot of little start-up labels on 45s that were hoping for that big hit. And some of those names could be very similar - in this case nearly exactly the same as Alpert and Moss' later ALMO International. We saw that Herb and Jerry first came up with Carnival and had to give that one up because of another usage of that name.

Harry

No similarities in the label or numbering, just a coincidence. But AL-MO and another I found, AL-MOE are clearly not related to Herb & Jerry's ALMO INTERNATIONAL (a division of A+M Records).

I've heard of and seen the AL-MO label, and even without the hyphen between the two words... (ALMO) ANd without anything affiliated with A&M, as in Herb & Jerry's enterprise...

Naturally "Almo Music" has simply been the combining of Alpert & Moss in their publishing division...

-- Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom