You Are Free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks French, maybe Canadian. That's all I can tell from looking at the picture. As for the phrase "You Are Free", well, it WAS after all the '60s...

:)

Harry

I believe "You Are Free" might actually be a song Harry.

Steve Sidoruk has been tracking a test pressing for quite some time now that I think might of contained that track.

Perhaps he can shed some light.

So this "You Are Free" was a b-side in some territory?

Harry

hi guys. I just looked on the internet and googled search you are free and it is past the 60's I do not believe herb did it. becasue I never heard of it. till it was posted.
bob

Here's the image:

youarefree.jpg

I question whether this is a song or just a slogan for whatever record company this is.

Capt. Bacardi

A&Mguyfromwayback said:
Sure seems like a song title the way it's placed....

Agreed. Plus it's white and in the same font as the a-side. I wonder if it could have been a different artist on the b-side...

Harry

hi again guys, I was searching on line at discogs.com becasue they have a listings for other foreign releases of any artists, I typed in the seach the artist and the song. none with that picture sleeve. so that lead me to believe that might be a china release becasue they would have the main song and then other artists releases.
bob

Looks right to me.

It's French, check the Francais on the cover. I have a French-issue 45 of Antonio Carlos Jobim: "Girl From Ipanema" (b/w "Carinhoso" if I remember rightly) that has the exact same style sleeve as this, same fonts, same layout etc. Have seen a late-60's French Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66 45 with the same style sleeve too. Both are quite heavy laminated card, kinda like a UK or European 1960's EP sleeve.

I would bet money that Senor Steve Sidoruk of this very forum has a copy of this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom