You Smile and Coney Island: Download Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardWarner

Contributor
Pretty awesome sound, y'all! At Herb's website.
Randy: hats off. If I could take off more than that, I would.

Does anyone else struggle negotiating the site - I found it but I had to search directly after hunting around the home page......this is indeed good news. These were the two albums that made an 11-year-old me fall in love with Herb's music......

Yes, the site can be a challenge to navigate — but once you get the hang of it, there's a whole lot there. It's a great example of how to manage an artist online.

I will say to Mac users: try downloading using Firefox instead of Safari. Herb's site doesn't seem to like it.

hi guys, finally 2 more great albums. I just went to the site and clicked on buy now. and it took me to another page to the right side and all that page said was wish list and add to cart I was a bit confussed as how to buy them. and 2nd question are these those new lossless files or just mp3?
bob

Interesting that it says it is rumored that there was a third album recorded but has not been released... yet. You'd think these guys would know! I'm betting it's coming eventually.

I still remember a quote from an article in Billboard a decade or more ago, where the TJB reissues were first discussed...Herb said there was a "bunch" of Sol Lake songs they'd recorded and would be putting out eventually. I do wonder what is still in the can!

Be that as it may, I'm on my way to get those remasters now. I would really like the lossless files but I'm hoping that Herb's site will offer some kind of upgrade program when they become available.

Got 'em! I see a long drive in the country with my stereo cranked to the max in my future.

Does anyone else struggle negotiating the site - I found it but I had to search directly after hunting around the home page.
Yes. I wish the site was a little more user friendly. I would suggest they should categorize it out a little more...maybe make it searchable by year or something. A lot of the elements are way "bigger" than they need to be onscreen, so you wind up scrolling a LOT.

For people who aren't all that comfortable with the Internet it could be a challenge figuring it out.

I'm sure glad we've finally got these two albums in a "sanctioned" form though. I still hold out hope for "Summertime" too.

If I would be at least partially a gifted person, I would make the artworks (CD, front and inlay card) for these two newly downloadable Herb Alpert remasters, the same way as a gifted person made the artworks for Volume 2, TBAC and Warm. Unfortunately, I am not the case, instead I am rather aesthetically challenged person, so I am not able to provide. Nevertheless, I firmly hope that someone will. :) My deepest gratitude to that man (or woman)!

hi guys. is herb's web site for credit cards only like mastercard and vista. or are the 2 you smile the song begins and coney island going to be on itunes? because I do not have any credit cards to buy it with. or are there any other payment options. because I been waiting a long time for these to be remastered or are they going to be avalible in stores?
bob

I know they won't be available as CDs in stores, so you can only download them online. You could probably use a debit card or maybe PayPal - I don't really know since I'm waiting for the lossless versions before I buy them.

Capt. Bacardi

Thanks Captain for the reply. I might as well wait for the lossless files myself.
bob

Life is short, pals. I am waiting for lossless, too (or, better say, rather for 192/24 HD), but meanwhile the lossy files will sweeten my waiting.

I have just dowloaded the two albums. The mp3 versions sound very good. Some other good news is that as opposed to on itunes, they can be downloaded even here in Norway (and the rest of the world it seems...) :)

- greetings from the warm and lovely north -
Martin

hi again guys. the reason I am messaging. is to ask I would like to order the new you smile the songs begins and coney island, but I noticed it only has charge cards and pay pal only.and I do not have either one of these. does any one know if they have a link for debt card or a mailing address where I can send them a money order.becasue I would really like to get these. I thought maybe they would be on itunes because on itunes in the settings you can set it to download the loss less files.with the new version of itunes.
bob

If the debit card is attached to Visa or Mastercard, then you can simply use those numbers just like a credit card.

Harry

Dream come true! Just 2 weeks ago I was messing around with Audacity and trying to improve my LP rip of 'Coney Island'. Remasters sound great in 320kbps. I was a hold out for Apple lossless, but couldn't pass these up.

My first purchase from the site, so I approached it with a bit of trepidation-Mac, Safari and an order from Japan, but it all went off without a hitch. Payment, confirmation and download, and in just a couple minutes I was listening to 'Coney Island'.

Now I am keeping my fingers crossed for 'Summertime'.

For people who have wished for "worldwide" iTunes downloads, you can buy all of the "Signature Series" music from Herb's site. I have a feeling iTunes had their deal with Shout!Factory and not with Herb, so you probably won't see these new issues on iTunes (at least not for a while).

I think they sound great. I used my Facebook account to sign-in and make the purchase -- no problems at all and it was only about a 6-minute download for both albums, here in "fairly-slow-internet" land.

I don't quite understand why they shifted back to the "Tijuana Brass" name for these releases when the original albums used the "T.J.B." name -- to me that always was an easy way to differentiate between the two different bands. Still, glad to have official releases of these at last.

Thanks, Peter! I was that creative man (or woman) who made the package art for Volume 2, Brass Are Comin' and Warm for our use here. I am indeed working up similar packages for the rest (which I will post here when done).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom