your CarpenterS holy grail collectible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic and for Mstaft... Yes, Demon Music Group under Crimson records will rerelease all of Donna Summer's post Casablanca albums, except for She Works Hard For The Money and Crayons, which are owned by Universal. Albums will be remastered and expanded with bonus material, 12" versions, b-sides and unreleased tracks. (The Wanderer, Donna Summer (Quincy Jones), Cats Without Claws, All Systems Go, Another Place And Time (the first to be released) and Mistaken Identity.

To tie this all together wouldn't it be cool if the Carpenters would have a remastered and expanded set with original mixes and then bonus tracks with remixes and possible tie in any unreleased songs!

Compared to the treasures that some of you have, my little "collection" is pretty pathetic. :laugh: I've got all the albums on vinyl, a few 45's, the original 80's album CD's, a few music books and sheet music, the set of fan club newsletters, Decade book, the Mook, and a couple of fan club photos (including one autographed for me by Richard). The things that mean the most are the box of VHS tapes (with the TV specials etc.) that were made for me by fellow fans years ago, and the VOTH album-sized poster that was a gift from Jeff!

There isn't much that I really want anymore, other than an original fan club watch. I'd love to get one of those, put a really good Swiss movement into it, and wear it proudly.

Oh, and I wouldn't mind a set of "Remastered Classics" CD's (can't believe I passed on them back in the 90's).

I love my VHS tapes of the TV specials and a few rarities that are now all on YouTube but they are still special to me. I remember watching them all for the first time. I still love them despite the corniness. I still hope we'll get them on DVD one day.

Hi Murray, I have a complete remastered classics set factory sealed.
P message any interest.
Jeff

One of the 1975 Carpenters Fan Club Newsletters mentions a "Charm Bracelet"
and a Needlepoint Kit (two styles,with Carpenters Logo) for sale.
I have never seen such offered for sale, at any venue, since.
Anyone come across them?

One of the 1975 Carpenters Fan Club Newsletters mentions a "Charm Bracelet"
and a Needlepoint Kit (two styles,with Carpenters Logo) for sale.
I have never seen such offered for sale, at any venue, since.
Anyone come across them?

I'd love to see what those look like as well, I wonder what the charms said and interesting that Karen loved to needlepoint and they offered a kit with the C logo. How awesome it must be for a fan to have collected "every" single item ever offered for sale back then.

I just wanted to share that I finally got my hands on an original DVD of Live at Budokan....more "Holy Grail" never to leave my collection. The only copy I've ever had was a rip from the laserdisc that a friend sent me a while back and this has served me well until I could find the DVD version. I have to admit that the DVD is just a bit clearer and crisper, more details and colors are more vibrant. I snapped a few pics to give you an idea just how good it looks. Since I got an all region DVD player a few months back, I was on fire to find this DVD.

DVDFront.jpg~original

DVDBack.jpg~original

DVDMenu.jpg~original

Budokan2.jpg~original

Budokan3.jpg~original

Budokan5.jpg~original

Karen and Richard look great on the cover. No wonder A&M saw this as a potential new logo.
Once created, I never understood why it was only used on Horizon related materials and nothing else going forward.

I just wanted to share that I finally got my hands on an original DVD of Live at Budokan....more "Holy Grail" never to leave my collection. The only copy I've ever had was a rip from the laserdisc that a friend sent me a while back and this has served me well until I could find the DVD version. I have to admit that the DVD is just a bit clearer and crisper, more details and colors are more vibrant. I snapped a few pics to give you an idea just how good it looks. Since I got an all region DVD player a few months back, I was on fire to find this DVD.
DVDMenu.jpg~original
Budokan2.jpg~original
Budokan3.jpg~original
Budokan5.jpg~original

I've been waiting to get my hands on this in a DVD format for years as well, but don't have an all-region DVD player. I just secured (finally) a copy of The Singles on SACD, and was looking into getting a player to finally experience that. As someone who is not techo-literate, is anyone aware if there are all-region DVD players that will also handle SACDs?

I watched my Live At Budokan DVD again and noticed some really great shots of Karen wearing her famous "K" ring. I snapped a few. I have an A& M publicity photo from 1978 that also shows her wearing the K ring. I also believe she even wore it on her solo sessions photos and official solo poster (although it's harder to see but I think it's there) Has anyone noticed this famous ring?

BudakunKRing2.jpg~original

BudakunKRing1.jpg~original

In the 1996 Japanese Mook, there is a photo, in the memorabilia section, of what looks to be a
blue/green small change purse(?) sporting a silver Carpenters Logo.
Is that an Original Fan Club Item?
It also looks as if A&M Records (And/Or the Fan Club) had quite a few tie-ins to the Made In America Album:
Money Cube, Large Poster (Outer Cover), Smaller Poster (Inside Photo), Sun-Visors,
Bumber Stickers,and who knows what else?

Gary, I see that, it's almost shaped like a pouch (pot of gold). I never knew that they offered a white Voice of the Heart shirt. I'm really curious about that white large round dial looking music player in the middle of the page with the gold logo and green YOM face shot, it looks like music notes going around the outside so it makes me think it could have been a music box, playing Carpenters songs? I also see a mini flyer/poster of Horizon with logo at bottom....ah so many goodies.

Cindy Ward, mentioned in the Little Girl Blue dedication, and I were friends for years. (Before the internet).. She knew a cousin of the C's. Someone named Paul. Paul had given her Richard's red sport coat, the one he used in the early 70's ASFU album shoot? She promised she'd send it my way, but sadly she passed away. I talked to her dad and mentioned the jacket and he said her sister sold everything online. A sweet, sweet girl who died due to anorexia as well.

Sad story about Cindy's passing. I'd heard her name several times through the years. She sounds like a nice lady.

So many items come to mind. My autographed sheet music for Goodbye To Love and Offering lp by Richard, the program from Karen's memorial service which I sadly attended, all the box sets from Japan and one from England. All the Japanese studio album pressings. My acetate pressing of Passage. Calling Occupants has a much longer radio dial intro. The real holy grail would be my Magic Lamp single which I nervously shook as I opened the envelope to reveal and hear the two wonderful songs that help start it all. I believe I may have cried tears of joy that day in 1977.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! It's a trip down the FM dial. You here K. C. & the Sunshine Band I'm Your Boogie Man, a news report, The Jackson's ? A Spanish announcer, a couple of instrumentals, and Andy Williams singing We've Only Just Begun, all briefly before All Hit Radio. Kind of cool. The white generic sleeve says A&M Records July 26, 1977 on it and Carpenters. Written with a sharpie. $10.00. 2nd Ref. about 16 seconds long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom