🎄 Holidays! Your favorite WORST Christmas song

Carpe diem

Tis' the season Forum Dwellers. Please note your favorite worst song for Christmas;

Until today, mine was Wonderful Christmastime by Sir Paul McCartney, but it was dethroned by a train wreck called Christmas In San Francisco by Vic Damone. I've been listening online to a SF Christmas station lately because they play a lot of Carpenters. But they love to inject this one into the mix. I don't know who wrote the lyrics but nothing seems to flow or make any sense. Give a listen;

Until today, mine was Wonderful Christmastime by Sir Paul McCartney
I like that song...somewhat. It was fine as a novelty originally, but it was radio killing it to death that ruined it for me. Same with Wham's "Last Christmas." I liked it before it ever became popular; now even the no-talent hacks are covering it and it is blasted through every store you walk through lately.

Won't be spinning any holiday music here this year. But I am sure I can dig up a few "worst" gems to post once I look through what I have at Casa Rudy. :D

I like that song...somewhat. It was fine as a novelty originally, but it was radio killing it to death that ruined it for me.

Won't be spinning any holiday music here this year. But I am sure I can dig up a few "worst" gems to post once I look through what I have at Casa Rudy. :D
Sadly I decided against holiday music here myself being that it was all Kicked out of me all year long for reasons known only to me. But there's always next year or another to be honest 2017 cannot end soon enough. IMO

I'm just burned out on it. I only play it two days out of the year as it is, and having heard it since November 1st in any public place I've been to, it's overkill. I'm done with it. When I do play anything, though, I'm finding I go back old favorites, and most of it was recorded in the 60s or earlier. One I do want to get (before it goes out of print) is the 1966 Jack Jones Christmas Album, since I like his output from that era.

However...worst? Hmmm...how about any version of "Twelve Days of Christmas." It's maybe eleven days too many? :laugh: But having said that, the Bob and Doug McKenzie version I get a laugh at (eh, hoser), and Allan Sherman's "Twelve Gifts of Christmas"..."...and a Japanese transistor radio!"

I'm just burned out on it. I only play it two days out of the year as it is, and having heard it since November 1st in any public place I've been to, it's overkill. I'm done with it. When I do play anything, though, I'm finding I go back old favorites, and most of it was recorded in the 60s or earlier. One I do want to get (before it goes out of print) is the 1966 Jack Jones Christmas Album, since I like his output from that era.

However...worst? Hmmm...how about any version of "Twelve Days of Christmas." It's maybe eleven days too many? :laugh: But having said that, the Bob and Doug McKenzie version I get a laugh at (eh, hoser), and Allan Sherman's "Twelve Gifts of Christmas"..."...and a Japanese transistor radio!"
I agree and to quote the aformentioned McKenzie Brothers "its a real Beauty Eh."

Back
Top Bottom