🎵 AotW Classics SPANISH ALBUM - The Sandpipers SP-4159

What is your favorite track?

• Guanatanamera

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • La Bamba

• Estraños En La Noche (Strangers In The Night)

• Llevame A La Luna (Fly Me To The Moon)

• Cancion De Amor (Wanderlove)

• Louie, Louie

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Cuando Salí De Cuba (The Wind Will Change Tomorrow)

• Ayer (Yesterday)

• Michelle

• Y La Quiero (And I Love Her)

• Enamorado

• Ojos Españoles (Spanish Eyes)

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
THE SANDPIPERS
Spanish Album
A&M SP-4159
51PMx3jEpYL._SS500_.jpg

Available on LP, cassette, 8-track. Available on CD from Japan as pictured above and many individual tracks are available from various CDs.

Tracks:
Side One
1. Guantanamera* (Marti-Angulo-Seeger) 3:10 (from GUANTANAMERA)
2. La Bamba* (Adpt&Arr. H.Belafonte-H.Acosta) 2:44 (from GUANTANAMERA)
3. Estraños En La Noche* (Kaempfert-Singleton-Snyder) 2:37 (from GUANTANAMERA)
4. Llevame A La Luna (Fly Me To The Moon)** (Bart Howard) 1:51(from MISTY ROSES)
5. Cancion De Amor (Wanderlove)*** (M.Williams-C.Mapel) 3:48 (from SOFTLY)
6. Louie, Louie* (R.Barry-Span.by C.Ortega-N.DeCaro) 2:45 (from GUANTANAMERA)

Side Two
1. Cuando Salí De Cuba**** (Span.by L.Aguile-Eng.by L.Kusik-E.Snyder) 2:39 (from MISTY ROSES)
2. Ayer (Yesterday)* (Lennon-McCartney-Corcega) 2:24 (from THE SANDPIPERS)
3. Michelle* (Lennon-McCartney) 2:45 (from THE SANDPIPERS)
4. Y La Quiero (And I Love Her)** (Lennon-McCartney) 2:19 (from MISTY ROSES)
5. Enamorado (Colley-Rubio)* 2:04 (from GUANTANAMERA
6. Ojos Españoles (Spanish Eyes)*** (C.Singleton-E.Snyder-B.Kaempfert) 3:40 (from SOFTLY)

PRODUCED BY: TOMMY LI PUMA
*Arranged by: MORT GARSON
**Arranged by: PERRY BOTKIN, JR.
***Arranged by: BOB THOMPSON
****Arranged by: NICK DeCARO
Art Director: TOM WILKES
Photography: GUY WEBSTER

The Sandpipers are:
Jim Brady
Mike Piano
Richard Shoff
Pamela Ramcier

This album is also available on stereo tapes.
Write for a free full-color A&M Record Catalogue.
A&M RECORDS INC, 1416 North La Brea, Hollywood, Calif. 90028

AMLogoSm.jpg

Backing up one place from 4160, FOOL ON THE HILL, is this compilation entry from The Sandpipers called SPANISH ALBUM. This has to be the earliest compilation album on the A&M label and also the first to be aimed specifically at the Spanish market, something that would bubble up several times until the actual creation of the Spanish division, AyM Discos in the '80s.

Harry

And the one other "Spanish Song" The 'Pipers would later do (on The Wonder Of You) would be "Lo Mucho Que Te Quiero (The More I Love You)" originally done by Rene y Rene...!

(And I'm the one who voted "Louie, Louie"... --That's the one, the most fun to hear in this company...

-- Dave

Wow Dave. So sorry to hear about "Kat", forum member from the past. My condolences to you and your family.

Harry

I don't have this one anymore -- this is one of the many A&M albums that I bought during "my 8-track period," but unfortunately it came on one of the infamous "black cartridge" 8-tracks, that were known for getting tangled up. I don't think I ever had one of those tapes that was reliable.

I like all of the songs on this but one thing I really like about it is the cover. First of all, it shows the group -- a rarity on their covers. Second, it's got that "classic A&M" typeface that turned up on quite a few other items from the same era.

Is this the only album where the female vocalist is mentioned in the credits?

I added the credits for Pamela Ramcier - she's not ever listed on any Sandpipers albums that I know of, and that just doesn't seem right, given her contributions to these albums.

Harry

Wow Dave. So sorry to hear about "Kat", forum member from the past. My condolences to you and your family.

Harry

Thank You, Harry!

I added the credits for Pamela Ramcier - she's not ever listed on any Sandpipers albums that I know of, and that just doesn't seem right, given her contributions to these albums.

Harry

With regards to her "hidden contributions", particularly on favorite "Cancion De Amor (Wanderlove)" there is a pic on the first Sandpipers album, Guantamera showing The 'Pipers posing w/ two girls on the back cover of some versions... Just wondering if one might have been her... Otherwise, a shame she'd never bee credited & it would be nice to know which albums & songs she'd actually sung on during her time w/ the group...

-- Dave

I never knew about the existence of this album until much later, here on the Forum. I recall seeking one out on eBay or something like it and finding one rather reasonably priced. I wanted it more as a curiosity than to actually listen to or use it as a source, since the tracks are available on The Sandpipers' other albums.

I see that England released a second Spanish album from The Sandpipers. Anyone have a copy of that?

Harry

Back
Top Bottom