Carpenters album covers, sleeves, labels, etc.

Ed,

Mine has a bit of ringwear in that spot too, but here's a scan of that portion, if it's any help:

scan0001.jpg

Harry

Ed,

Mine has a bit of ringwear in that spot too, but here's a scan of that portion, if it's any help:

scan0001.jpg

Harry

Thanks again, Harry (for those who don't know, you helped me out with a little piece of "Partners In Crime" by Rupert Holmes as well...:wink:) It's no surprise, really. The jacket is one of those really thin European jobs. Many will likely have ringwear in that exact same spot, sadly. I think I can make use of that one, though. Let me see what I can come up with.

Ed

Okay, I used Harry's producer credits and pasted them onto my cover, color matched and otherwise blended, and fixed what I could. It's not perfect but it's the best I can do...darn it...LOL!

Ed

Next stop:

carpenterstickettoridef.png

Oh, my...

Ed

1 hour & 15 minutes. Not bad consider the wreckage I encountered and overcame.

Nonetheless, here's "Ticket To Ride" (front, back, sleeves, labels)

http://vinylalbumcovers.com/albums/carpenters/carpenterstickettoride.html

I also fixed each page in the "Carpenters" area so that when you click "Home" at the bottom of each of the album pages, that link will take you back to the main Carpenters' page, not to the main index page or to somewhere else you don't want to go. Sorry 'bout that.

Also made a minor tweak to the "Passage" page. The two photos after the cover gave reference to a "sleeve". Those images are obviously from the gatefold and there is no sleeve.

Whew!

Ed

I just checked my Palladium LP and it too has some ring wear in the Producer section at the top, sorta odd that this LP didn't come with a propert insert. I have always loved the back cover photo of the bus with the Carpenters logo/touring info...memories...memories...

This is cool stuff!!!

'Ticket to Ride' looks awesome, as it should! Great work. It's always been (and will always remain) my favorite album cover. Thanks for your efforts.

Bob

I found mine at Skagg's Drug Store in January, 1977. Couldn't believe my eyes. Skagg's became Osco years later. Not sure if anybody else remembers that name.

The copy of "Ticket To Ride" you see above I found at Joe's Record Paradise in Silver Spring, MD. My mom had a copy of it for years but it's totally torched - actually worse than the one I used. After sniffing around at Joe's for a while, this was the only one I could find. I checked another store closer to home and they didn't have it at all. In the interest of getting on with it, I surrendered and picked this one up for the price you see on the price tag. I was arrogant enough to think I could fix it. Thankfully, I was right.

The "Palladium" I grabbed years ago from eBay. I wasn't terribly concerned about the ringwear because the vinyl sounds excellent. Little did I know the jacket would be important years later. Oh well...LOL!

Ed

I know I'm doing these all out of order. It's the music that's making the choice, actually. I'm doing them based on what I want to hear. As I work on the LP, I listen to the music that's on it. Great way to get inspired (or is that perspired?)

Newly added:

Carpenters - "Lovelines" [UK press] (front, back, labels)

http://vinylalbumcovers.com/albums/carpenters/carpenterslovelines.html

Does anyone have the U.S. press of this? If you do, is there anything on the sleeve? If so, wanna scan it and send it to me? LOL! I can be reached at "[email protected]". The PNG files of both sides would be fantastic. If no one has it, I'll keep hunting. I just checked my usual sources and they have nothing. In the interest of being all "U.S." about this, I was going to try to keep it that way. Once I realized I couldn't, I went ahead and put up what I had. I have another Japanese LP anyway so I'm not too heartbroken. BTW, my LP sounds fantastic!

Ed

I think the Lovelines cover is one of my most favorite, I love the use of the non coloring, I leaves me with a sense of "the music is over" or "faded memories" or "the colors have run dry". It's a happy photo in the colorized version but in these tones it gives me a rememberance feel.

I have a U.S. version SP 3931, there is no insert, mine came with a plain paper sleeve, I replaced it with a rice paper sleeve. I replaced all my Lp's with the rice paper sleeve to protect them. The label on mine is black with white A&M logo with the record pattern across the middle. I bought mine years ago on ebay and it contains a whole punch on the corner (how could they :eek:) It's a see through LP when held under light. It looks like there was a promo sticker on the cover but it's been removed but the stain is still there but I don't see promo anywhere on my LP label or the back side.

I also wanted to note that this LP is pretty rare to obtain (U.S. version) when it appears on ebay it sells for alot of money compared to their other Lp's, there is one on ebay now for $395.00 :eek:. Even though my cover is not perfect, the LP sounds awesome.

I love this cover too. Not much on the "husband/wife" pose but it still makes for a nice shot.

I saw what you saw on eBay. What raises the price is the piece of paper is comes with. It's got Karen's signature on it that his mom got many years ago. Amen on the rices sleeves. That's all I use too.

Are you in a position to scan your labels and send them to me? I can include them on the page with the others.

Ed

Ed, I'm unable to scan it, I got a new printer/scanner recently because my other one died and this new one has a recessed scanner bed compared to my other one which was more flat all the way across. I tried to scan the label but it came out blurry, I'm assuming because it's not laying flat on the scanner bed because of it being so recessed in. Sorry I tried.

I didn't notice on that ebay LP for Lovelines that it included a signed note of Karen, that would explain it.
However the sellers answer to the buyers question was not very nice of a reply, "if you look at the photo before wasting my time and yours" now that is a way to attract buyers. :confused: Maybe if the seller had listed a note in the description that the note was from the fan club, how is the viewer suppose to know this information? In any case I'd never buy it. :)

Signed note from Karen! Cool! As long as it wasn't a signed copy of "Lovelines" by Karen....now that would be worth some money! :)

Ed, I have the U.S. LOVELINES LP with the black labels. Here are a couple of scans:

scan0002.jpg

scan0003.jpg

Hope those are useful.

Harry

As usual, the Corner comes through. Thanks, Chris, for trying. I truly appreciate it. Thanks to Harry (yet again!) for saving the day. I'll work on them later tonight...:)

Ed

Newly remixed (as promised, no added vocal reverb, time-challenged kick drum, re-recorded piano, or added Yamaha DX-7):

Richard Carpenter - "Time" (front, back, sleeves, labels)

This entire package was originally done about a year ago because someone else asked for them. This was well before vinylalbumcovers.com was begun. When I decided to create the site, this package was the only one that was done completely and I used it as it was. Everything but the labels were too small. Also, how unadventurous was I? LOL! Chris was right; I didn't remove the spindle hole on those labels. This album is the only one I didn't do that with. Utterly lazy! LOL! They're gone now and I'm happier with all of it.

http://vinylalbumcovers.com/albums/carpenters/richardcarpentertime.html

Ed

P.S.: Think of this as the 2013 remix...and, before you ask: No, there will not be a 2014 remix...:wink:

Interesting that the US label for Lovelines has them as THE Carpenters. You would think after 20 years with A&M, someone there would have caught that before it went out the door. (Plus, I would think Richard would have final "sign-off" on all album artwork!)

Interesting that the US label for Lovelines has them as THE Carpenters. You would think after 20 years with A&M, someone there would have caught that before it went out the door. (Plus, I would think Richard would have final "sign-off" on all album artwork!)

Yeah, I caught that too. Their too cool for "The"; "Carpenters" is their name! Who else loves that they officially cut out the "The"?

Back
Top Bottom