Carpenters album covers, sleeves, labels, etc.

I have 2 Song for You Lp's, I have some yellow staining on 1 of them, the other looks pretty good on the back but it does have a small stain on the front toward the bottom. I agree, the recycled paper sounds good but not for an LP, it picks up every little mark. The one I have in a shrink wrap helps with the markings but not so much with stains that just appear with age.

Japan did an excellent job on these replica's in the box sets, they make me smile when I hold them, they are so perfect to the original it's amazing to look at and feel.

I have 2 Song for You Lp's, I have some yellow staining on 1 of them, the other looks pretty good on the back but it does have a small stain on the front toward the bottom. I agree, the recycled paper sounds good but not for an LP, it picks up every little mark. The one I have in a shrink wrap helps with the markings but not so much with stains that just appear with age.

Japan did an excellent job on these replica's in the box sets, they make me smile when I hold them, they are so perfect to the original it's amazing to look at and feel.

I couldn't agree more. That's how I could reconcile "cheating" a little. Japan's CD's don't have the sleeves but, beyond that, they're dead ringers.

Ed

Okay, here goes:
Various Artists - "If I Were A Carpenter" (45rpm promo box set from 1994)
This has a front cover, back cover, promo sticker, and numerous sleeves and 45 labels.
http://vinylalbumcovers.com/albums/carpenters/carpentersifiwereacarpenter.html
Ed

I have the CD version of this and it also includes all the photos inside the jacket and I always thought about getting the record version however it would have only been for the artwork NOT for the music. I don't think I have ever played this CD more than once. :laugh:

Ok...here is a challenge for anyone....since Ed has listed these as 1, 2, 3....who wants to put these in chronological order for Karen and Richard. :cool:

I love the "Passage" package too. Brilliant design! That's why I was willing to put the work in; it deserved to be shown off. I really like the fact that there are no pics of them in the package. They aren't needed; just let the music do the talking.

Ed

Although not my favorite album, Passage IS my favorite album cover. I'm a musician as well as a huge Carpenters fan, and when converting a spare bedroom into an office last year, I was looking for music-themed artwork. After searching websites of prints and album posters, I decided to try to find Passage. With not much success, I pulled my album out to identify the artist, who is Lou Beach. A quick Google search revealed that Lou is alive as well, and has his own website. I contacted him with my request and got a response within 24-hours. One of the nicest guys I've ever communicated with. Several e-mails and two weeks later, I owned a giclee print of Passage on museum quality rag paper with archival inks, and autographed by Lou in the bottom right-hand border. Now professionally matted and framed, it hangs over my desk to view each work day....a constant reminder of my love of music, and especially the Carpenter's music.

Although not my favorite album, Passage IS my favorite album cover. I'm a musician as well as a huge Carpenters fan, and when converting a spare bedroom into an office last year, I was looking for music-themed artwork. After searching websites of prints and album posters, I decided to try to find Passage. With not much success, I pulled my album out to identify the artist, who is Lou Beach. A quick Google search revealed that Lou is alive as well, and has his own website. I contacted him with my request and got a response within 24-hours. One of the nicest guys I've ever communicated with. Several e-mails and two weeks later, I owned a giclee print of Passage on museum quality rag paper with archival inks, and autographed by Lou in the bottom right-hand border. Now professionally matted and framed, it hangs over my desk to view each work day....a constant reminder of my love of music, and especially the Carpenter's music.

Can you post a picture of this artwork you framed? :)

I have the coolest Carpenters thing coming up on vinylalbumcovers.com. Hang tight. "It's gonna take some time this time to get this one in shape."

Ed

Okay, what I'm working on is rather massive and I've run out of time. I'll keep working and my next surprise will be on-line by late tomorrow night if not sooner.

Ed

It might be cool to have a link from each album on the resource site to the corresponding album sleeve, etc

Jonathan

That would be cool here. I don't mind being linked to in the least bit. I'm about to go back to work. Hang tight...:wink:

Ed

Hey Ed. Thanks. I've not seen this one before - certainly not in this detail.

One minor point: I think you forgot to remove the hole on side four!

Harry

Ed, can you describe this in more detail. I'm not familiar with all the Japanese releases, was this a box set of 45's? or are these LP's, are these separate items or is this part of a box? I couldn't find the answer on your website to exactly what GEM is. LOL

Ed, can you describe this in more detail. I'm not familiar with all the Japanese releases, was this a box set of 45's? or are these LP's, are these separate items or is this part of a box? I couldn't find the answer on your website to exactly what GEM is. LOL

From what I can gather, this is a Japanese compilation featuring 4 LP's and 1 45rpm record. It came with everything you see. They did these things for other artists as well. An odd comp, to be sure. It's a relatively unique piece and I ran into mine not long ago on eBay.

Thanks for spotting the hole, Harry. It was getting late and I was wearing out on night #2 of getting this one together. I'll get rid of it when I get back to the desktop..:wink:

Ed

I just noticed, and I'm not sure if it's on the topic, but the covers of A Song For You vinyl and CD are not identical...
$(KGrHqMOKowE6)tF6-bMBRtLuVhYjQ~~60_12.JPG
$(KGrHqRHJFUFBh)GQSEsBQft+E(eSQ~~60_3.JPG

You can see the position of the hearts in the cover of these two media are quite different. Anyone happen to know why is this so?

Thank you <3

I remember that, Marieanne. I had an old Polygram West German CD and it looked like the Japanese CD. Even the red is deeper. It's not only the position of the heart, it's the position of the name. Peculiar...

Ed

Back
Top Bottom