Do you know anyone who has collected all (or most) things "Carpenter"?

The KAREN IN MY MEMORIES disc was a radio promo from Japan. It was never offered to the general public.

Harry

Okay, I'll say it... You'd have to be insane (or independently wealthy) to spend that kind of money for such a compilation, despite its nice and novel packaging. Most of us fans have these 20 songs on several different CDs (other compilations included). Now, just watch the eventual buyer (if there is one) sue me for calling him/her insane!!:wink:

About 20 years ago, I happened upon a cd single that included an extended version of Goodbye to Love. It could have part of a From the Top promo. Karen repeats

"But for now this is my song….and it's goodbye to love, I'll say goodbye to love (and then a third..) I'll say goodbye to love… ahhhh ahhhh ahhh."

I heard it at some tranny's house in San Diego? (I use the word Tranny affectionately.) Some wo-man i met at the Rich and Karen Carpenter Performing Art's Center Inaugural gala.

Wow. . .550 a week in 1972 dollars is around 3000 a week now. That would be around 160 grand (in dollars) a year for Mr Woodhams. Dang, the Carpenters were generous to their staff/buddies.

Does anyone have a signature, or copy thereof, where Karen has signed her middle initial?
I performed a quick search and have located none, so far.
All signatures I have come upon only include Karen Carpenter, without the middle initial.
Sigh...,yet another Carpenters memorabilia piece that I will never own.
Recently, in the UK news, there was an entertainment memorabilia expert who commented that
Carpenters' items have increased 400% in value within less than a decade.
A recent check of one auction house,in America,on 9/8/2013, shows a realized value of 443% over asking price.
Well, regardless of monetary value, I consider my rather small collection as priceless!

Forgot to include this quote (from investorshub) in the preceding post:
"...increased interest in autographed items from The Carpenters, with the value of these collectibles rising by 442.2% in just ten years,
due to their scarcity, as well as the group's popularity.."

$_57.JPG
there you go. It's dated feb '71 so she was still a minor, hence Harold's signature

Gary,

Thanks so much for sharing this. And Neil too for the close up. Love seeing the addition of the middle initial. She made her "A" for "Anne" just like I make my "A" when I sign my name "Amy". Coolness.

Amy :love:

Chris, the above, from Neil, might be this beauty:
"The Carpenters" Signed Custom Matted Display with Karen Carpenter & Richard Carpenter (JSA LOA)
Piece Measures 32.5" x 16"
This custom matted piece measures approximately 32.5" x 16" in size and is highlighted by a Vintage original contract dated February 1, 1971 hand-signed by Karen Carpenter (D 1983) and a 1973 article hand-signed by Richard Carpenter.
Item Number:149795
Total Bids:4
Winning Bid:$250.00
Web Source:
https://pristineauction.com/auction...ith-Karen-Carpenter-Richard-Carpenter-JSA-LOA

Thanks for the link, I see it now....but what does the album, An Old Fashioned Christmas have to do with Top of the World and 1973? I would think that the album, A Song For You or even a Top of the World single and picture sleeve would work? What am I missing here?

A cursory glance at the pristineauction site, today, shows that the 1974 document signed by Karen Carpenter
is at $183...with 2 days, 12 hours left on this auction.
Wow.

After many a year of waiting, I finally snagged an original Carpenters Fan Club T-shirt,
yellow, with black logo and silhouette, from 1972. And, in apparently unworn condition.
So, I'm hunting for the next item on my bucket-list, the plastic Money Cube ( from 1981 MIA promo.)
That promo item was offered sometime in the mid 1990's, but I was unable to authenticate it,
so I passed on its purchase ($50 at the time).
Now, I know better.
Still, so much fun to search for these keepsakes.

Here is what the 1974 contract sold for (May 8,2014):
Karen Carpenter Signed ARS Nova Contract From 1974 (PSA COA)
Item Number:179848
Total Bids:18
Winning Bid:$342.29
Buyer's Premium:$51.34
Total:$393.63

Always wondered who the winning bidder was on this item:
Lot closed - Winning bid:$12,500
Estimate:
$8,000 - $10,000
Platinum and diamond ring, size 7, owned and worn by Karen Carpenter. The central marquise diamond is gauged at approximately 1.12cts and graded H-I color and VS clarity, surrounded by fourteen full-cut round and eight marquise-cut diamonds totaling 1.40cts and graded H-I color and VS clarity. The ring weighs 9.8gms. Overall condition is good and easily sized. Karen Carpenter is known as the voice of the duo The Carpenters. She is less well known as also being the drummer in the band. Her brother Richard, the other half of the duo, has said that Karen considered herself a “drummer who sang.” The Carpenters won three GRAMMY Awards, including Best New Artist of the Year in 1970. Accompanied by photographs of Carpenter wearing the ring. PROVENANCE This ring was given to Karen Carpenter's first cousin, Joan Pennisi. Pennisi was raised from the age of one by Agnes and Harold Carpenter, Karen's parents. Pennisi gave this ring to her daughter who has consigned it to this sale.
Photos: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/66/lot/24336/

Always wondered about the bidder on this item:
Lot closed - Winning bid:$12,500
Estimate:
$8,000 - $10,000
Platinum and diamond ring, size 7, owned and worn by Karen Carpenter. The central marquise diamond is gauged at approximately 1.12cts and graded H-I color and VS clarity, surrounded by fourteen full-cut round and eight marquise-cut diamonds totaling 1.40cts and graded H-I color and VS clarity. The ring weighs 9.8gms. Overall condition is good and easily sized. Karen Carpenter is known as the voice of the duo The Carpenters. She is less well known as also being the drummer in the band. Her brother Richard, the other half of the duo, has said that Karen considered herself a “drummer who sang.” The Carpenters won three GRAMMY Awards, including Best New Artist of the Year in 1970. Accompanied by photographs of Carpenter wearing the ring. PROVENANCE This ring was given to Karen Carpenter's first cousin, Joan Pennisi. Pennisi was raised from the age of one by Agnes and Harold Carpenter, Karen's parents. Pennisi gave this ring to her daughter who has consigned it to this sale.
Photos here: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/66/lot/24336/

Here is a disc that I have tried to find forever, and until today have never seen a copy:
"Karen in My Memories' promo cd

Hi Gary, Thanks for this. looking at it with great interest. Do you think it is genuine? The sell has only ever sold low $ items 30-50 before.

I noticed Karen and Richard signature the bottom right hand corner do you think that was a one off? or was it on all the promos
Any Thoughts?

The only information I can locate regarding the promo "Karen in my Memories" is from eil : http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=467208
CARPENTERS Karen In My Memories (Very rare official 1992 Japanese 20-track A&M/Polydor label 'DJ Copy' promotional only back catalogue sampler CD including Ticket To Ride, Sing, Only Yesterday, Honolulu City Lights and more. Custom printed disc complete with a unique fold-out promo picture sleeve featuring details about the back catalogue, plus a fold-out insert featuring details about the tracks on this collection with all text in Japanese, also has a tracklisting back insert with the tracks in English & Japanese DCI-3068).
The promo disc is presumably more than just a one-off copy, as the eil website shows.

The only information I can locate regarding the promo "Karen in my Memories" is from eil : http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=467208
CARPENTERS Karen In My Memories (Very rare official 1992 Japanese 20-track A&M/Polydor label 'DJ Copy' promotional only back catalogue sampler CD including Ticket To Ride, Sing, Only Yesterday, Honolulu City Lights and more. Custom printed disc complete with a unique fold-out promo picture sleeve featuring details about the back catalogue, plus a fold-out insert featuring details about the tracks on this collection with all text in Japanese, also has a tracklisting back insert with the tracks in English & Japanese DCI-3068).
The promo disc is presumably more than just a one-off copy, as the eil website shows.
Hi Gary,
Thanks so much for that, interesting it also shows the signature on the bottom right corner is it possible they signed all the promo copies ?

Back
Top Bottom