🎵 12" SotW Sting, "Fortress Around Your Heart" promo SP-17339

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
This week's single is Sting's hit "Fortress Around Your Heart" from his solo debut album, Dream Of The Blue Turtles. The version herein is the LP version. On the flip side is a live version of the track "Consider Me Gone."

Sting-Fortress-Around-Y-48650.jpg

I believe that this live version of "Consider Me Gone" may also be the one which appears on the live Bring On The Night album. That album was released only overseas on CD in 1986 when it was first issued, and did not see a U.S. release until many years later. At the time of this promotional 12" single, the live album would not yet have been released.

This happens to be my favorite Sting track. I must also say that at this later date, this is the only Sting album I listen to anymore, preferring this album and his work with The Police over anything following.

That is a most bizarre coincidence that I just acquired a copy of this record yesterday. :D The live version of "Consider Me Gone" on the B-side is the exact same version that appears on the "Bring On The Night" album and documentary film. It was recorded at the bands' debut show in Paris at the Magador Theatre on May 29, 1985. "Fortress Around Your Heart" was released as a single in September of 1985.

OK, cool...that confirms the b-side. :thumbsup: Thanks mang! :roodywave:

I only have "Fortress" as the b-side to the "Love Is The Seventh Wave" extended/remix 12". Sounds really good in that configuration. :agree:

OK, cool...that confirms the b-side. :thumbsup: Thanks mang! :roodywave:

I only have "Fortress" as the b-side to the "Love Is The Seventh Wave" extended/remix 12". Sounds really good in that configuration. :agree:

Anytime my twin bro! Happy to be of assistance! :wave:

:thumbsup: Thanks mang! :roodywave:

:agree:

WOW! I was just killing time scrolling through some old posts when I ran across this comment. "Thanks 'MANG'!"? The only other time I remember seeing/hearing 'mang' is in the subtitles/dialogue of a Miami Vice episode ("Whatever Works") featuring a street informant named Izzy.
Now my question is: Where did this slang 'mang' come from?

I do like this song a lot. It's one of my favorite Sting tracks. Like Rudy I don't enjoy much of his work after this album, although I still really like a lot of the Police stuff. Have to be in the right mood to play it though.

I do like this song a lot. It's one of my favorite Sting tracks. Like Rudy I don't enjoy much of his work after this album, although I still really like a lot of the Police stuff. Have to be in the right mood to play it though.

He's gotten way too pretentious. Even some of the Blue Turtles songs grate on me now, but like any of his earlier solo albums, I can usually find a few I can listen to.

Funny, but I always thought his second solo lp, ...NOTHING LIKE THE SUN (1987) was his best effort overall. Songs like "Be Still My Beating Heart", Englishman In New York", "They Dance Alone", "Sister Moon" and of course, "Fragile", are among the best Sting compositions/performances you could ever hear.

It's all personal taste in my case--I just can't listen to him like I used to. And I owned everything through Mercury Falling at one point. I'd still like to get clean vinyl copies of Blue Turtles and Nothing Like The Sun though...

There are a few songs by Sting I like such as Fortress around your heart also I like "We Work the black seam" If You Love Somebody Set them free. And an instrumental called "I Miss you Kate" I think that's what it was called it's been a long time since I heard it. To me I can pretty much make a CD or two of my favorites by sting solo and his work with the police and that would be my personal Definitive collection

Back
Top Bottom