⭐ Official Review [Album]: "OFFERING"/"TICKET TO RIDE" (SP-4205)

How Would You Rate This Album?

• ***** (Best)

Votes: 18 23.1%

Votes: 25 32.1%

Votes: 23 29.5%

Votes: 10 12.8%

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
I'm still not happy with the fade in at the start. It needs a reworking somehow.

Harry

Great job Harry. I really like how you evened out the volume.

I don't think I'd seen that alternate "Offering" picture before. Richard looks like a pastor giving the benediction, which seems fitting when you think about it. Either that, or he's telling one whopper of a fish story! :laugh:

I don't think I'd seen that alternate "Offering" picture before. Richard looks like a pastor giving the benediction, which seems fitting when you think about it. Either that, or he's telling one whopper of a fish story! :laugh:

There were two of them that surfaced somewhere. They're probably in our thread on rare or unseen photos (actually they're in the cringe-inducing thread!), but here they are in full:

Carpenters Offering 1969 outtake 1.jpg

Carpenters Offering 1969 outtake 2.jpg

I thought as an unused photo from the OFFERING shoot, it would make a good picture sleeve for this mythical single.

Harry

Last edited:
Not satisfied with that fade at the start, I added in the original piano-tinkling and segued it at an appropriate point. This makes the track 3:30 which was certainly a limit for an unknown artist in 1969.

Harry

Someday.jpg

I did not originally find that picture; one of the folks I follow on Tumblr posted it. I remembered seeing it when I read that comment, so I went and found it. Enjoy :)

And to answer your comment song4u, :shrug:
At least it didn't make the final cut. :D

WOW that's a new one on me, thanks for posting! I actually really like it, very in keeping with the feel of the album...summer, sixties, youthfulness :)

That's the perfect description! I love this pic and that aura you feel from it, a real, wistful snapshot of an era of innocence slowly fading away. It makes me so happy, yet sad. They both are so young, vibrant and lively looking. You want to travel back to that time to see them and experience life with them and just live in the moment.

OMG what did I tell you, I knew this would happen. Harry didn't you even call it Mythical Mix lol

Well that of course is the link to MY YouTube video, but it's already up there in the list if anyone should happen to key in "Carpenters Someday Single" in google.

Harry

Here is another review I had not seen before from High Fidelity Magazine, Feb 1970.
While I don't agree with the article saying some of the album cuts were "dumb" it's an unusual article displaying the "Offering" title for review.

Offering%20Review%20Feb%201970%20High%20Fidelity%20Mag.png~original

What's crazy about this article is that even back in Feb 1970 reviewers didn't want the Carpenters to succeed, time and time again we have seen this, why did they not want this group to succeed and be successful instead they had to either dig at their looks or their songwriting or pick something apart. Why is that? This person writes.."a see-saw of thrilling and unfortunate work", huh? unfortunate?

What's crazy about this article is that even back in Feb 1970 reviewers didn't want the Carpenters to succeed, time and time again we have seen this, why did they not want this group to succeed and be successful instead they had to either dig at their looks or their songwriting or pick something apart. Why is that? This person writes.."a see-saw of thrilling and unfortunate work", huh? unfortunate?

What's also strange is he played side B thinking it was side A.

Back
Top Bottom