Do you know anyone who has collected all (or most) things "Carpenter"?

I envy those who have concert books or fan club merchandise. Sadly, I think I'm a little late to that party; but I love the pictures and the stories. Thanks to all of those who post them. :love:

Currently, my most treasured Carpenters pieces are the albums themselves. A favorite is a copy of Offering I found after months of searching and waiting on eBay; the condition is near flawless (I play the Ticket to Ride copy I have instead, it's not as good :D ). I also managed to snag Live at the Palladium and the two-LP Live in Japan set with the poster of them in the kimonos. The two shirts I have, I made myself using the wonders of iron-ons and silk screen printing.That's about all I've got here- oh, what I wouldn't give for an autograph... :)

Interesting to note the seller listed them 4 times with no bidders. Perhaps he was asking a little too much?

I am seriously interested in the promo CD on there with their signatures at the bottom right corner.
1.I wonder if they are genuine
2. If they are then did Richard and Karen sign all their promos (unlikely?)

I would love to hear from all the great folks here what they think
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251500727028?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Hello. It is a nice piece. I have it but there are no remixes and to me I don't think it's worth more than $200.00 If you can find it for that it would be worth it and Mine has no real autographs. Just my thoughts.

Does anybody know where I can find a full list of all the Carpenters remixes and when they were done?

As the above posted 2-LP set went for $155, I would imagine there is something of interest on it !

On another note--
the long-sought-after
Passage Promotional Poster (dim. 24 X 24)
has finally been secured at minimal expense;
thus, happiness at my Christmas present this year.
Still searching for the elusive, beautiful, 'Boat' Poster....

As the above posted 2-LP set went for $155, I would imagine there is something of interest on it !

On another note--
the long-sought-after
Passage Promotional Poster (dim. 24 X 24)
has finally been secured at minimal expense;
thus, happiness at my Christmas present this year.
Still searching for the elusive, beautiful, 'Boat' Poster....
Nice Gary, do you have a photo of the poster?

A heads-up:
Currently there is a Made In America 16X20 Poster (portrait photo of the duo)
offered for sale on Ebay.
Why do I mention this ? Because, they are not actually signed by the duo.
The Seller seems to imply that the Signatures are 'actual' signatures of the duo,
(the seller does place a question ? mark about the authenticity, so the seller is not actually lying.)
whereas--and, I do have this exact Poster--they are 'machine-mass produced'--
replications of Karen and Richard Carpenter's signatures.
The poster is at $76, with a bit over three days left.
Fine price... unless the buyer desires 'actual' signatures.

I have many C's items I acquired over the years. My most prized are my Newville house items: Karen's bedroom desk, the bar lighting fixtures, the pool table tiffany lighting fixtures, a very large piece of the red shag music room rug, all the overhead spot lighting from the music room ceiling, wine bottles from 1969/1970, and lots of other stuff.

I have many C's items I acquired over the years. My most prized are my Newville house items: Karen's bedroom desk, the bar lighting fixtures, the pool table tiffany lighting fixtures, a very large piece of the red shag music room rug, all the overhead spot lighting from the music room ceiling, wine bottles from 1969/1970, and lots of other stuff.

The owners really allowed the house to be torn up by the sounds of it...

The owners really allowed the house to be torn up by the sounds of it...
Yes, because the Newville house owners were planning to tear down the music room (it was infested with mold - sad huh?). They had a garage sale in 2007. The owners daughter was raising money for her college tuition. I lived in San Diego at that time and was fortunate to hear about it from a C's fan who lived in LA. Now, a very tacky house stands were the music room once was.

A few years later a Japanese fan offered me $20K for Karen's bedroom desk and her crystal nightstand lamp... I declined.

Now, a very tacky house stands were the music room once was.

newville_zpsvcjpakgt.jpg

3011113085_23769a7009_z.jpg

You have to post pictures to a third-party site like flickr or photobucket or facebook and then link to it here.

My last acquisition on Ebay ---Passage and Voice of the Heart Posters---saw me take a long break.
Whereupon I missed the auction--- a few days ago---of Your Navy Presents LP.
Thereupon I promised myself to--- at least---scan Ebay each morning for a few minutes.
Good thing I decided to do that.
This morning I purchased a little Canadian 8-page-Pamphlet, with ticket stubs, from
Carpenters Concert at the O'Keefe Center in August 1976.
Normally, I would not be too interested in said item.
But, I do have the cardboard (one-of-a-kind) Poster of that O'Keefe Concert,
and, thus, felt that this additional purchase would complement that Poster nicely !
When, oh when, will I stop ? I really need to purge --not splurge.

Unfortunately, all I have that's Carpenters related is the Singles 1969 - 1981 CD :sad:
But, I definitely won't stop looking for Carpenters related things in the meantime! :)

Back
Top Bottom