Heard Carpenters

Publix.....where shopping really is a pleasure.....
All You Get From Love is A Love Song
playing as I shopped today.....

Funny thing...about the 80's music...that is when I turned to Country and "Hair" Bands !
Well, as we know "every rose has its thorn,"
so, "pour some sugar on me," and
"take on me" !

I heard "A Kind of Hush" on Sirius XM this morning. This is probably the first time I have heard it on any radio format since its original release.

METV announces music streaming
METV announces music streaming »

"AccuRadio, America’s fastest growing music webcaster, is the first ever music-streaming companion to MeTV
..... emphasis on enduring quality and timeless appeal.
With a library that is thousands of tracks deep, listeners will be treated to top hits,
hummable favorites and many songs that traditional music outlets have long forgotten about.
MeTV Music will allow listeners to log on from the MeTV.com homepage and enjoy music on their personal computer or laptop.
.... MeTV Music will stream songs with limited commercial interruptions."

"MeTV Music has a format all its own, with an easy to listen to vibe and a seemingly endless stream of songs that will treat listeners to musical memories.
....Artists such as Billy Joel, Carole King, Aretha Franklin, Elton John, The Carpenters,
Diana Ross and The Supremes, Simon and Garfunkel, Chicago, Hall and Oates, The Four Seasons, The Eagles and hundreds more.
It’s a broad and appealing playlist not based on over-researched corporate algorithms."

METV announces music streaming
METV announces music streaming »

"AccuRadio, America’s fastest growing music webcaster, is the first ever music-streaming companion to MeTV
..... emphasis on enduring quality and timeless appeal.
With a library that is thousands of tracks deep, listeners will be treated to top hits,
hummable favorites and many songs that traditional music outlets have long forgotten about.
MeTV Music will allow listeners to log on from the MeTV.com homepage and enjoy music on their personal computer or laptop.
.... MeTV Music will stream songs with limited commercial interruptions."

"MeTV Music has a format all its own, with an easy to listen to vibe and a seemingly endless stream of songs that will treat listeners to musical memories.
....Artists such as Billy Joel, Carole King, Aretha Franklin, Elton John, The Carpenters,
Diana Ross and The Supremes, Simon and Garfunkel, Chicago, Hall and Oates, The Four Seasons, The Eagles and hundreds more.
It’s a broad and appealing playlist not based on over-researched corporate algorithms."
This is good to know. I will definitely check this out. Classic hits from classic artists is primarily what I listen to today!

Ken Bruce show BBC Radio 2 played All You Get From Love Is A Love Song.
Great radio song, not aware of any remixes for this song, but over the radio it sounded different from the album mix on Passage.

"Top of the World" and "I Won't Last a Day..." on @TJL's radio show this Friday night. Certainly caught me off-guard (in a good way!). If the requester is lurking out there, thank you! And of course, thank you to Mr. Lubinsky. :)

Ken Bruce show BBC Radio 2 played All You Get From Love Is A Love Song.
Great radio song, not aware of any remixes for this song, but over the radio it sounded different from the album mix on Passage.
http://bbc.in/2cqKEm6

I decided to listen again to Ken Bruce and the song sounds as if it's been speeded up ever so slightly with a touch of reverb added, and was played from the album Singles 1974-1978.

Mark Goodier BBC Radio 2 played Ticket To Ride. Can't remember hearing this on the radio before, sounded amazing. The decision to go back in to the studio and redo everything, resulted in this terrific version.

I heard that chris and was rather surprised myself, given it`s not played that often!
still an honour to hear that girls voice, wow!

'For All We Know' on kmzt Los Angeles the other day. (the original, not the Matt Pop version!) The playlist mostly has jazz vocals, Ella, Sinatra, so it was a nice surprise.

While channel surfing on the car radio on the way home from work last evening, I stumbled across SiriusXM Radio Channel 17 (Holly) which is already playing holiday tunes! I thought at first, "No, it's too soon!", until I heard that wonderful voice opening with that wonderful classic lyric - "Greeting cards have all been sent..." I quickly changed my mind - so bring out the holly and mistletoe to welcome the Carpenters at Christmas!

While channel surfing on the car radio on the way home from work last evening, I stumbled across SiriusXM Radio Channel 17 (Holly) which is already playing holiday tunes! I thought at first, "No, it's too soon!", until I heard that wonderful voice opening with that wonderful classic lyric - "Greeting cards have all been sent..." I quickly changed my mind - so bring out the holly and mistletoe to welcome the Carpenters at Christmas!

Same Channel: Home for the Holiday's last night and then Sleigh Ride on my way to lunch today.

:)Yesterday at work. We were just starting our day getting ready for customers, we turned on the radio: first song? Top of the World ( single version). Great start to the day, for me.

It was quite a nice surprise to hear "Close to You" at the YMCA this morning. And it was funny to see one of the muscle heads singing along.

Back
Top Bottom