2017 Next Herb Re-Issues

EXCELLENT NEWS. Those are the last albums i need to get on Cd along with wild romance. And my Herb Cd collection is Pretty much complete. And im not expecting to see JYAM. But at least i have it along with needledrops. But again this is Great News. I look forward to their releases

I have the original Cds For "Spanish Moon" and "Abstract Heart" and i send Best wishes for you and Everybody in getting Your Missing Gaps filled in your respective collections Truly Good Times ahead for Everybody.

Thanks for this. I also have original CDs of Spanish Moon and Abstract Heart (as well as Wild Romance) but I am a completist and would also like to have reissued CD versions.

However, by the sounds of it, the one album that we could all end up waiting in vain for (in reissued CD format) will be Just You and Me.

Given that they've reissued a ton of albums that were less-than-stellar sellers, I have a feeling that JYAM is being orphaned because they just don't have access to the masters anymore, for whatever reasons. Combine that with the fact it was a poor seller, there's not much incentive to go to a lot of work to release it.

Thanks for this. I also have original CDs of Spanish Moon and Abstract Heart (as well as Wild Romance) but I am a completist and would also like to have reissued CD versions.

However, by the sounds of it, the one album that we could all end up waiting in vain for (in reissued CD format) will be Just You and Me.
Iam a completist of sorts as well in the sense that i wanted at least one cd copy of every release. Anything beyond that to me is either a bonus (such as different mixes or collectibles. Things like that) and i would agree with you and Mike about " Just you and me " i would not be surprised if the masters to that were either discarded or Lost for whatever reason. But nevertheless even if it never appears on Cd Or digital release i still own my pristine vinyl copy and several neeedledrop cds of it but we wont know about the official status of that album for sure unless we hear from Randy Badazz ( who i understand is the one who is responsible for these current reissues) and whatever he says is The Official word. But im very happy for what has been released so far and even if there are No more to be released after this i will be content because with this next round of 3 ( plus wild romance) my basic Herb Cd collection will be complete.

Other than Blow Your Own Horn (which I bought many years after the fact), I bought all of the US releases as they came out on CD originally, so in terms of digital versions, I'm pretty much all set here. Whatever else comes out now is just "gravy." :D

Are these three to be downloads, high-res, and CDs? I assume no vinyl.

Only the biggest sellers had vinyl releases, but I wager high-res is on the way. The releases I have so far sound fantastic.

I, for one, am happy to see BLOW YOUR OWN HORN re-released on CD. I've always thought it was a great (and underrated) album, every bit as good as the RISE album or the MAGIC MAN album. It'll be interesting to read the comments from those who will hear it for the first time!

Gravy Waltz, which was written by Ray Brown with lyric by Steverino, was backed by Donn Trenner's band. The sidemen were great, Herb Ellis, Frank Rosolino, Pete Candoli, Bob Enevoldsen, etc. Trenner is still out there working.

All pre-ordered here though I do own the original Herb/Hugh CD release, which, as I said before, was my introduction to Mr Masekela, for which I am grateful to this day.

I just preordered my set today and since today is my payday out of curiosity i decided to check and see if i could get a decent used cd copy of Wild Romance for a decent price. And fortunately i saw one which said " Like New" for under $30 total so i decided to take a chance on it so i will see how it pans out when i get it but i figured "Just get it all done"! and afterwards if JYAM ever Comes out on CD ( At This point doesn't appear likely.) It would be the only one left for me to purchase. But nevertheless my Goal of Having Every one of Herb's Albums On Digital CDs is Finally A Reality.

I just preordered my set today and since today is my payday out of curiosity i decided to check and see if i could get a decent used cd copy of Wild Romance for a decent price. And fortunately i saw one which said " Like New" for under $30 total so i decided to take a chance on it so i will see how it pans out when i get it but i figured "Just get it all done"! and afterwards if JYAM ever Comes out on CD ( At This point doesn't appear likely.) It would be the only one left for me to purchase. But nevertheless my Goal of Having Every one of Herb's Albums On Digital CDs is Finally A Reality.
Congrats on your new acquisition! Fair warning, though, concerning WILD ROMANCE: That album was a heavy R&B-laden funk album with a lot of vocals, mostly featuring Brenda Russell on several tracks. If you like the style as I do, you'll most likely enjoy it. But a lot of people couldn't warm up to it. FYI

Congrats on your new acquisition! Fair warning, though, concerning WILD ROMANCE: That album was a heavy R&B-laden funk album with a lot of vocals, mostly featuring Brenda Russell on several tracks. If you like the style as I do, you'll most likely enjoy it. But a lot of people couldn't warm up to it. FYI
I have the original Vinyl version of wild romance which i bought in 85 along with a needledrop cd i liked it then especially Herbs vocal on " No Time For Time" a beautiful ballad. I missed getting it on CD so i figured better get it now and especially at this price for like new condition i dont want to wait any longer for a remastered version so im getting the original. And thanks for the well wishes this round cd aquisitions really helps everything come full circle.

Back
Top Bottom