KAREN CARPENTER Single: "Looking For Love"/"I'll Be Yours": FOR SALE

Zero bids so far. I noticed the item's location is Thousand Oaks, California. Isn't this where Richard lives? Maybe he's the one selling it. :laugh:

Zero bids so far. I noticed the item's location is Thousand Oaks, California. Isn't this where Richard lives? Maybe he's the one selling it. :laugh:
And the seller is "Wurlyman". Richard has been known to play a Wurlitzer a time or two. Hmm. :)

And with the lawsuit against Universal, we know that Richard is looking to make some extra money...

See that lone text below. I noticed the same thing a few days ago and started a reply and it was still here. (The forum software does that automatically.) My cavalier thought at the time was that maybe he needed to pay some lawyer's advance - but then it seemed silly because I'm fairly certain he must have enough for something like that.

I can see that if he had a bunch of duplicates, he might want to offload one of these instead of one of his precious cars.

Auction states that it ships from Thousand Oaks, CA. Maybe it's Richard,

I went to ebay and found also a signed Horizon LP - with just their names... I hope and pray it's authentic... I guess that's something you never really know - but there's allegedly some certificate coming with it... and it came from the original owner...

Never did anything like this before -but short of ever getting RC to sell a pair of KCs drumsticks for charity, I had to bite.

Anxious to see it in person....

Well, two bids and $1400 later, the record has sold.
For the record (pun intended !) if I had had the resources at this time,
I would have bid on this !
Perhaps, some day in the future !

I remember someone on this forum saying that they found a copy of this single in a used record store, stashed among many other tired-looking old 45s, and bought it for mere dollars. What a find that would have been!

Corner Forum Detective Agency at the ready... :laugh:

Someone better closely analyse the reflection of the photographer in the record and see what we can learn.

Given the condition of the record, it is certainly plausible that it would have been owned by the Carpenter family themselves. Who else would have taken such good care?

I cannot see the original purchaser taking such good care of it in the early days on the off chance it would be worth a fortune one day.

Having said that, Richard may have made more money if he'd said he was the seller.

Back
Top Bottom