Carpenters Karaoke

Great idea for a thread :D I would love loooOve to sing Baby It's You

The first time I heard it....I couldn't believe how epic it was and I played it 15 times in a row LOL (To learn the lyrics *cough cough* haha...Once I had, I sang it sooo much. I love how it goes up a note when Karen sings "I----'m Gonna Love You" After the calm beginning's to the song. It's really fun to sing that part. I truly hope to sing this at a Karaoke one day. I will make sure to contact the DJ in advance so he can get Baby It's You loaded on his machine hehe :wink:

It's gratifying to see others here interested in karaoke! To those concerned parties, I just want to add that the subject of karaoke has been discussed in these pages on occasion (When you try it yourself + karaoke requests ). In that thread, I have posted Carpenters' song titles that are available for karaoke (CDG or downloadable format); see my post at #10 in the above thread.

Having been a karaoke enthusiast since its inception, I have always been on the lookout for Carpenters' songs. There is a great collection of such material, including many album cuts. Sadly, @Disney, "Baby It's You" (Carpenters version) has not been produced to date. But a wealth of other great Carpenters' songs are ready for your belting out pleasures... :)

Of course, I would really honor the duo by never going near a microphone and attempting any of their material it the first place. That being said, karaoke participation is usually fueled by the consumption of alcoholic beverages. So after a few (or more), who knows? I would probably attempt Superstar only because I believe I could keep it at a lower register and not have to bring my voice up to a troublesome pitch. Being that I am male, I would have to preface my presentation by explaining that this is a song dedicated to Suzi Quatro or perhaps Joan Jett.

Of course, I would really honor the duo by never going near a microphone and attempting any of their material it the first place. That being said, karaoke participation is usually fueled by the consumption of alcoholic beverages. So after a few (or more), who knows?

But I have to tell you that many of us hard-core karaoke enthusiasts enjoy performing stone-cold sober! :tiphat:
The only way I would go anywhere near a karaoke microphone, is if the entire audience had passed out drunk! :D

On a related note:
In grade-school, if memory serves, I performed the first stanza of Top Of The World.
After which, the entire class joined in. I wish I remembered more--as I believe this was
around the time the duo performed in Rockford, Illinois.
Which, at the time was high atop the charts--although, I had no idea at that time !
Sometime in the 1980's, me and two other souls were set to sing the shooby-doo's of
the song One Fine Day, as done on the duo's Now & Then.
But, yes, I would be more than willing to participate in a karaoke performance !
(Deacon--of King of Queens TV Show--was going to do Carpenters in a karaoke-based episode, S8#9 !).

Back
Top Bottom