Unreleased Mish Mash

newvillefan

I Know My First Name Is Stephen
I found this today on youtube and thought it worth sharing. It's over an hour of rare Carpenters' snippets, TV clips and solo tracks. There's some interesting "added" instrumentation, but some of the solo tracks sound much cleaner than I've heard them and the early instrumental Downey High School and Hollywood Bowl recordings are incredible quality.

Tracklist:

1. The Girl From Ipanema
2. Truly You
3. Ticket to Ride / I'll Never Fall In Love Again
4. Cinderella Rockefella
5. Jimmy Mack
6. A House Is Not A Home
7. Don't Try To Win Me Back Again
8. Goodnite
9. I Wanna Be Free
10. Leader Of The Pack
11. Midnight (Never Lets You Down)
12. Good Day Sunshine / Strangers in the Night
13. I Do It For Your Love
14. New World Coming
15. Love Making Love To You
16. And When I Die
17. Something's Missing In My Life
18. Trains And Boats and Planes / Wishin and Hopin'
19. Can't Buy Me Love
20. It's Really You
21. Every Little Thing
22. Thank You For The Music
23. Keep My Lovelight Burnin'

They sound like the ones KevKav333 posted earlier with New World Coming and Love Makin Love To You with added "new" ones.

Thanks for posting. I had never heard Truly You before and was pleasantly surprised. Nice vocals from Karen and I like the acoustic guitar backing. Do you know when it was recorded? Was it during Karen's solo sessions?

Thanks for posting. I had never heard Truly You before and was pleasantly surprised. Nice vocals from Karen and I like the acoustic guitar backing. Do you know when it was recorded? Was it during Karen's solo sessions?

Yep that's a song from the solo sessions :)

Is that Richard on "Ticket to Ride"? Doesn't sound like him, but judging by Karen's heavenly singing on "I'll Never Fall In Love Again", it sounds like early material -- he could have sounded slightly different then.

Is that Richard on "Ticket to Ride"? Doesn't sound like him, but judging by Karen's heavenly singing on "I'll Never Fall In Love Again", it sounds like early material -- he could have sounded slightly different then.

No, it's Andy Williams.

it is here ~

I don't think I'd made the link that the clip of 'The Girl from Ipanema' that featured in The Karen Carpenter Story was actually the version originally played by Karen and Richard. It's a shame it was never included on the box sets, as it's an impressive arrangement and more interesting than the early instrumentals that were included.

I don't think I'd made the link that the clip of 'The Girl from Ipanema' that featured in The Karen Carpenter Story was actually the version originally played by Karen and Richard. It's a shame it was never included on the box sets, as it's an impressive arrangement and more interesting than the early instrumentals that were included.

I didn’t realise that either until many years later. The version in the film is crystal clear, there’s none of the hiss you can hear in this copy. Richard did a great job cleaning it up for the movie. Why it wasn’t included on From The Top is beyond me. It’s probably the most important recording of the mid sixties as it’s what won them the Battle Of The Bands.

Back
Top Bottom